Switched from 8x to 925 & have a few questions

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
So I just got the 925 (ATT branded) and I have a few questions:

1. Can I change the maximum data setting like I can on the HTC 8x. I.e. can I make it so my phone connects to 2g or 4g instead of LTE? I've heard that LTE sucks the life out of cellphone battery.
2. (SOLVED, used sysapp pusher) Can I change the night mode glance screen color from red to something else? I'm running black and I thought that this would come with that update. Maybe I was wrong.
3. Does nokia have any sort of clock app like the HTC app? If not, can I install the HTC app and have the tile update correctly. I know there are ways to install HTC and Samsung apps on Nokia phones, but does anyone have the live tile working correctly.
4. Is there a commonly overlooked Nokia feature or app you would suggest?
5. Does anyone know what "SIM Unlock 1.0.0.5" means under the extras and info menu?

Thanks!

Last edited:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
1. Settings>Cellular -Highest speed connection 2/3/LTE
2. Settings>glance -Night mode OFF (color white)
3. As long as I know NO. Never could install HTC clock on my L928 (with proxy trick)
4. All apps from Nokia are awesome, chose what you desire)
5. No idea)

Ps. On Black update glance setting are different probably, I still do t have it..

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
1. - the settings for that aren't under cellular, I just get this:
wp_ss_20140118_0001.pngwp_ss_20140118_0002.jpg
2 - I was looking for the blue and green shown in the teaser pics, not the standard white.
3 - Boo, that clock is amazing.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
1) From what I've heard this option might be locked by some carriers. But normally this option is accessable under "settings -> cellular"

2)Yes, this option is available under "settings -> Glance" (pretty much at the bottom of the settings-list)
Nokia-Glance-Screen-Color-Options.png
3)Sadly no. But you can search the store for apps (altough they aren*t as beautiful as the one from HTC)

4) I own a Lumia 925 since November now and I think I still haven't checked out alle the features and apps WP8 and Nokia are offering. Maybe someone else can answer this question.

5) No idea and I can't find anything about this via a web search.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
1. Make sure all your apps and setting apps are updated via SysApp Pusher. This will ensure you get ALL options available in the settings.
2. Are you sure you're running Black? If you are it should be in Settings > Glance. If you're on Tmobile chances are you ARENT running Black!
3. Nokia does NOT have a similar app to HTC's Clock, and as far as I know, you can't run it on a Lumia.
4. No commonly overlooked Nokia features or Apps here, to be honest, I find them VERY mediocre. I just upgraded from an 8X to a 925, and I wish I didn't waste an upgrade, seems more like a downgrade (aside from camera).
5. Not sure what that means.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett