Reboots caused by Wifi and bluetooth

d00cwe

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Nokia 1020.
It has worked very well for me until recently when I bought an Qed UPlay bluetooth receiver for my stereo.
Previously I had bluetooth disabled always on my 1020 but now I have it on the most of the time.

What I've noticed is that my phone is restarting constantly. It seems to be connected to when I have bluetooth and wifi enabled. Or at least when I have bluetooth enabled.
The phone can restart a couple of times a hour. Since yesterday evening I have had 6 restarts. That I know about...

The bluetooth settings window also hangs, I can't do anything, can't connect/disconnect from the Qed and I can't disable bluetooth. When I try a progress bar is showing that it is working but it never changes to disabled.
Also, when this is happening I also can't disable wifi, the same issue with progressbar.

The wifi status bar also sometimes is in the "connecting to a wifi"-animation. It can be in this mode in hours, and of course, doesn't connect to any wifi allthough I have two which are available.

I usually have to restart my phone to be able to disable/enable bluetooth/wifi.
I had this issue before GDR3 and Nokia Black. And still have it after updating to Nokia Black.

Anyone have this issue?
Is it a hardware issue?

d00cwe

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have since I first encountered these reboots done a hard reset.
But the problem still exist.

I have 20 reboots since sunday. That I know about.

d00cwe

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
From testing I've come to the conclusion that it is when both bluetooth and wifi is enabled the problem arises.
When I only have bluetooth or only wifi enabled the phone doesn't restart.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Warranty repair is your call, I have the similar wifi and bluetooth problem (frozen button), no restarts though.
Are you on AT&T's 1020?

d00cwe

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No, I have 3 (Three) in Sweden.
Ya, I guess I have to send it in.
But it really don't want to because then I have to borrow my companys Nexus 4.
And also during that time period I can't test new versions of my podcast app Casts...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo