Black update - Reset thereafter

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
There were couple of niggling issues after the black update. Tried various things but nothing helped. So I did a reset. I just want to share the steps I followed for a proper restore after reset.

0. Enable backup if not, and let it sync. This should save your App and settings
1. Do Hard reset ( either via boot or about setting page)
2. Setup WIFI
3. Sign into your MS account. If you have setup two-way authentication, your password will now work. Goto your account settings on web, create a new app password and use that.
4. Now, it should ask whether you want to restore the last backup. I thought it defeats the purpose of a reset, so I went with clean restore, but mileage may vary. You take a call on that.
5. After all setup is done, download "SysApp pusher" or something similar, and update all setting items first except Storage Checker.
6. CAUTION : if you have downloaded maps on SD Card, download the Storage Check BETA version first and install.
7. Open Storage Checker BETA and change the download location to SD CARD. If you have maps present in SD CARD, you won't have to download it again.
8. Soft reset after all setting items are in place.
9. Open extras+info and confirm you can see "Lumia Black".
10. Verify Glance and Glance backgrounds are working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes