Well first of all, I love my Lumia 920 and I know the problems I will encounter switching from an iPhone to a WP8. There's only one thing that annoys me so much. When I pause my music then resume it goes to whatsapp. Why does this happen? It annoys me because I have to start all over again with the music I played. (I play on shuffle)

Do we have a fix for this? Is this common? Thanks!
    01-20-2014 09:27 PM
    That is strange, I had a 920 and now a 1020 and use both of those apps and have never experienced what you describe. Has this always happened? Have you just installed Whatsapp? Maybe try soft resetting the phone. (No loss of data) by holding the volume down and power buttons until the device turns off.
    01-20-2014 09:55 PM
    That is strange, I had a 920 and now a 1020 and use both of those apps and have never experienced what you describe. Has this always happened? Have you just installed Whatsapp? Maybe try soft resetting the phone. (No loss of data) by holding the volume down and power buttons until the device turns off.
    I don't know but for the past couple of weeks I have noticed this strange thing. When I press the tile on Xbox music that says "paused" it brings me to Whatsapp. I tried soft resetting the phone, it still happens.
    01-20-2014 11:01 PM
    I don't know but for the past couple of weeks I have noticed this strange thing. When I press the tile on Xbox music that says "paused" it brings me to Whatsapp. I tried soft resetting the phone, it still happens.
    When you bring up the player controls (using the volume rocker) do they show the currently paused song or a small wifi-like symbol without any text? What happens when you press that text information?

Can you also please check your whatsapp version? Up until half a year ago Whatsapp was using the background media daemon to keep it's connection alive, they have since replaced that with a proper background agent and push notifications. Maybe you're running an ancient version of whatsapp that still has the old playback daemon.
    01-21-2014 06:33 AM
    Well first of all, I love my Lumia 920 and I know the problems I will encounter switching from an iPhone to a WP8. There's only one thing that annoys me so much. When I pause my music then resume it goes to whatsapp. Why does this happen? It annoys me because I have to start all over again with the music I played. (I play on shuffle)

Do we have a fix for this? Is this common? Thanks!
    Windows phones sometimes get errors to show notifications.....they use the music player as a base to show notifications...!! It's normal :)
    01-21-2014 07:05 AM
    When you bring up the player controls (using the volume rocker) do they show the currently paused song or a small wifi-like symbol without any text? What happens when you press that text information?

Can you also please check your whatsapp version? Up until half a year ago Whatsapp was using the background media daemon to keep it's connection alive, they have since replaced that with a proper background agent and push notifications. Maybe you're running an ancient version of whatsapp that still has the old playback daemon.
    It doesn't do anything. It totally turned off the music I was playing. It's annoying. :(

Windows phones sometimes get errors to show notifications.....they use the music player as a base to show notifications...!! It's normal :)
    But this.

Actually, I've done some research before opening the thread and thought it would have been resolved already. Apparently not.
    01-22-2014 09:23 AM
    But this.

Actually, I've done some research before opening the thread and thought it would have been resolved already. Apparently not.
    On WP8 this is solved. I tried this and it's working fine. Only Whatsapp on WP7.8 still uses the music background agent.
    01-22-2014 09:50 AM
    Have you updated your Whatsapp?
    Also is your software/firmware version up-to-date?
    01-22-2014 02:49 PM
    Have you updated your Whatsapp?
    Also is your software/firmware version up-to-date?
    Yes my whatsapp is already up to date. I also updated to Lumia Black already.
    01-22-2014 08:13 PM
    Whatsapp is currently facing issues in lumia black....please wait for an update. :)

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk
    01-22-2014 08:23 PM
    Whatsapp is currently facing issues in lumia black....please wait for an update. :)

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk
    Can you provide a source to that? What exactly does whatsapp have issues with, for me it works fine on Lumia Black.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    01-23-2014 12:49 AM
    I'm a frequent user of WhatsApp....and since I've updated to Black I can't increase or decrease the volume of the videos I receive in WhatsApp....and to add to that misery....it then creates a problem for the music player too....the volume buttons just don't seem to function once I open a WhatsApp video. rebooting my phone is the only option left. don't ask me to hard reset or soft reset....because after updating and using my phone I had done soft reset thrice and hard reset 5 times. no kidding!
    And push notifications??? usually it works fine but once in a blue moon when I select the notification all my tiles and apps stop responding when I try to select them....and by responding I mean they just bump they don't open....I have to reboot my phone!! unlike the volume problem, the push notifications problem is in another windows phone too...like htc 8x!!
    01-23-2014 12:58 AM
    I am using the 1020 with black and use Whatsapp a lot. I have not encountered the problems you have. Has anyone else had any issues? Nadia are you using the beta version of whatsapp?
    01-23-2014 01:29 AM
    nah it's not beta....I've tried like everything uninstalling, reinstalling. I'll change my number and see now lol :/
    01-23-2014 01:34 AM