Can you tell if the phone is turned off -- without turning it on??

tomcon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
If my phone is laying on the counter - dark - can i tell if it has been turned off (as i want it to be, lets say) or if i accidentally left it on?

I can't find a way to 'wake up' the screen, other than the power button. A quick push of the power button will bring the screen to life (assuming the phone is on). But, i so far can't find any other gesture to bring the phone back to life. Is there any way to swipe or any other way to bring it back to life? Is there some option setting i can change so that something other than the power button will wake up the phone?

The problem with using the power button to verify as to if the phone is off, is that if the phone happens to be off, then the press of the power button will turn it on!

So, is there a way to verify that it is off, without turning it on?

Please describe if you know of one!

Thanks,
Tom

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
no Tom ,there is no other way, one have to press the lock button in order to check if the phone is powered one , on some handsets like Lumia 620,720,820 and so (not 625) have glance in which you can hover your hand(peek option) to see the time which indicates the phone is on , or on Lumia 820 and above users get an option to double tap to unlock the phone which is a nice gesture/feature by nokia rather then pressing the lock button.

tomcon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Just to summarize, the camera button is the solution (for me) to this. If the phone is off, camera button will not wake it up. But, if phone is on, then camera button will wake it up. So, this is the way to see if its on, without actually turning it on! Thanks to those who replied!
Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923