SUCCESS!!! Got Black Update by Flashing straight from GDR3 Dev Rom

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
As the title says...finally got it by flashing straight to the eu French 821 rom. Was having all kinds of problems getting a complete copy of a pre portico Rogers rom to start the flash process. NCS kept saying the local file was incomplete or corrupted and I was getting the "FFU error" every time I tried to flash back to the Rogers PrePortico before going to one of the International RM-821's. So I tried what someone had said they had success doing on one of my earlier threads ...flashing straight from the GDR3 Dev Rom to the 059Q8C2 French RM-821. Worked with no problem and came already loaded with the Black Update. Persistence pays :) Now I have the unbranded Int version

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nice. :) I'll have to give that go one day. The carrier my phone is stuck to seems to be in no hurry to update my phone.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
lemme know if you run into any problems.. the international updates contain all of the things intended..(i.e. Data Sense) no more bending over for Att

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Can you direct me to where everything is? I haven't bothered flashing my phone before but then I never had issues with updates on my other phones.

Is there a link you can direct me to with information?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Go to the Thread here at Nokia 920 forum .. GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian (or other Country) 920 w/official GDR2+Amber ..read down thru the explanation and skip the pre portico part. Download the NaviFirmplus 3.0 program and then download this file (product code) 059Q8C2 French RM-821 thru the navifirm program and put it in the rm-821 folder as described in the thread I refered you to. You can flash directly to this firmware if you have the GDR3 dev rom.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, what ROM was your 920 running before you flashed an RM-821 rom? was it an AT&T rom or Rogers one?

EDIT: This method is confirmed working! I have an AT&T 920 which I had flashed to rogers rom before and wanted to go to an rm-821 rom. By following this guide, I signed up for developer preview and updated my rogers rom to gdr3 preview - after this, I used Nokia care suite to flash my phone directly to an rm-821 rom (India) - I guess following this method will let you flash **any** rm-821 rom. Thanks a ton fiveaces01!!

If you have a 920 on the AT&T amber rom and want to try this method to flash an rm-821 rom, please report back if you are successful

Last edited:

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I had flashed to the rogers rom with the pre portico and then to rogers to get the amber update...later added the gdr3 prev for devs. I flashed directly from that rm to 059Q8C2 French RM-821. Backed everything up first and have had no issues. I have internet sharing now as well

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
and thanks for your work on the earlier thread regarding flashing..was initially trying to use that pre portico method method again but it seems that rm Juan had posted is no longer any good

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
that ffu thing was no fun...don't want to pretend to know more about these things than I do, but it seems like that was being caused by the FW file not loading completing...that was when I decided to try flashing directly to the French rm ..if that isn't correct please enlighten me.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone running the AT&T Amber rom with gdr3 dev preview please report back if you successfully completed this method to flash an rm-821 rom

also, anyone on an rm-821 amber rom with gdr3 dev preview tried to flash back the AT&T ROM?

Tomaj NoWay

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
...so after that update do you have files explorer or diferent volume for ringtons and other sounds?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 przy użyciu Tapatalka

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
To my knowledge there is no File Explorer as a native app for any of the windows phone operating systems yet. I can make whatever ringtones I want for various notifications. Don't see any option for setting ringtone volume for notifications. Don't think I would want one either...that way I don't mistakenly have it too low to hear

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
download navifirm at the softpedia website.. The flash to the 059Q8C2 French RM-821 should work on any phone that is already running the gdr3 dev preview

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss