Debating if i should stay with the 925

Strings78

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I just recently switched from my iPhone 4 to a Lumia 925 and I was so excited!! After having the phone for all of 2 days I've already had to do 2 soft resets and I've had the OS freeze up on me multiple times. These are the same problems that I had with my first Windows Phone and I ended up switching to my iPhone 4 instead. I've still got a week before AT&T's 14 day return program expires and I honestly can't decide if I'm going to keep the device or not. Any advice?

yarvelling

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
May just be a bad phone..... :/ I'm new to Windows Phone 8 - since Christmas - but haven't had anything like those problems! It's rebooted a few times on me, but that's only when updating software.. :) So far it's been solid, stable and very reliable. Brilliant camera, and fantastic battery life (once you 'train' it..... discharge fully, recharge, discharge fully - repeat 3 or 4 times)... best phone I've had!! :)

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If the phone still has a week to go before the 15 day returns finishes then just take it bk and swap it for a new 925. Hardly takes a genius to work that out.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Bad phone in my opinion.

Maybe a hard reset could fix it, but definitely it's not normal. I completed a month with 925 some days ago and have no restart until now. My old Lumia 820 had only a few in severel months too. Windows Phone it's pretty solid, almost like IOS.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 5th different WP8 phone and have only had 1 problem with a reset and that was with an 8X a looong time ago. I haven't had any issues with my new 925 at all and Im on just GDR3.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it's the phone, not the OS.
There are some members who have had their 3rd or even 5th replacement and still got problems but this might just be very bad luck (the number of users without problems is far bigger but it's the negative reports that stand out).

I got mine in November '13 and by today I only had one random reboot (not even sure it was caused by the OS, might have been an app, I really don't know what caused it) but other than this one time I've had no troubles at all.
You should try to get a replacement (tell them nothing worked - soft reset, hard resete, updating to newest software version - if they try to blame the problem on the software and if you still have problems after the replacement you still can give it back during the returning program.

Edit: additional: I've had far more trouble with my past Android devices (OS version not being updated - my first device is still on 1.5 -, dozens of apps force closing - even stock apps -, UI freezing up, unfixed problems - since the update to 4.1.2 my Nexus S' battery drainage is insane and no fix since it won't get any more updates,...). Considering this I'd say WP is a pretty stable OS compared to Android.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My first 925 froze up on me after the first week. Tmobile swapped it out for a new one and I haven't had a single issue with it since. I'm going on a year and I absolutely love the phone. Solid!

leaperk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same problem I had with the Lumia 810 and the problem ended up being the phone. I would recommend swapping it out. Windows Phone 8 is a rock solid system and your reported problems sound hardware related.

ovalfastlx

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Simple, if you're having the freeze ups, then return it. I just got my T-mobile 925, and I haven't had any issues. I'm on my third with the device.

Sent from my RM-893 Lumia 925 Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12