HELP! Hard Reseting Lumia 1020

leeshbhelm

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
A few days ago I set a lock code on my phone, I couldn't remember the passcode for the life of me, and it set me back to a wait time of password retrying of 512 minutes. I looked up what was my best option, and it seemed as though hard reseting it was best. This was the option where you press volume down until you see the exclamation mark, and then volume up, volume down, power, volume down. The gears showed up on my screen but this about 48 hrs and counting. I am not good with this stuff, and no one can seem to fix it. HELP!!!:unhappysweat:

bradhicks

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a couple of freeze ups like this when I had my 920. What I did was unplug the phone from the charger so it was running on battery. It would eventually run out and completely shut down. I also took out the sim card at this point and then put it back in again. Then plug it back into power and it turns back on again with the spinning cogs. Give it a couple of hours and it should complete the process.
I sometimes had to do this two or three times but it would eventually get past this point and bring me to the setting up config screens like it was fresh out of the box.

infestedd

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, this happened to me twice on my 928, i tough it was the end of the world too lol. but seens to be an harmless issue, different from android, that means an brick. let me tell you what i did:
first time i left it for one hour... in fact, more than 10 minutes, means it wont make difference if you let an hour or an week. So i recommend an half hour of safe time, so you can try other methods.
In my first time stuck, i only hold power and vol.-, the phone restarted, nokia logomark flashed about two times on screen, and the phone was back online with no problem.
Seccond time was a bit more complicated, so i used this tutorial :
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ng-gears-cogs-bug-nokia-lumia-users-only.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)