Glance Screen not showing

jamie21cor

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have the Nokia Lumia 920 and have just recieved the new Black update. I've just tried to use the Glance feature but when the phone goes to standby I just get a blank screen.
I have tried all combinations of the Glance menu with no success, and on top of that I have tried to enable the Touch wakeup feature but this also doesn't work.
I also noticed that my text messages are now not waking the screen up to inform me. Not sure if there is a setting somewhere that I may have inadvertantly turned on/off which could be causing this or if there is a fault.

Anyone got any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
make sure night mode isn't enabled. this happened to me also, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I believe when glance is enabled messages doesn't wake the screen? I noticed that too.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
sounds like something is messing with the proximity sensor. If the sensor detects something over it, it will not activate glance nor will it wake up the screen for notifications until the obstruction is gone. (e.g. being taken out of a pocket)
Its located in the upper right of the phone, near the camera somewhere

jamie21cor

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys
Thanks for the answers
Yes I would imagine that if Glance was on it might mess with the notifications waking the phone, so that might be that problem.
After hearing about the sensor I gave it a clean, and the Glance screen appeared, however it only lasted a few seconds and disappeared, the setting was always on.
The same can be said for the touch wake up, it started working after I cleaned the sensor, not sure why it only lasts a few seconds, it might be worth a trip to the phone shop to sort that one.
Thanks

Gary Anderson5

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My clock and notifications would also disappear and the screen would go black after a few minutes. I use my phone as clock on a stand while sleeping so I like it always showing throughout the night.
I noticed this happened after I changed background photo in the lock screen settings to bing. I did that to see bing photo of the day, after I changed it back to one of my photos the screen now show the clock again. So go to setting>lock screen>background change to photo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786