Wrist strap on Lumia 1520

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to attach a wrist strap to the 1520? I think this device sorely needs one, like the one that is stock on the Lumia 1020.

MNB-IMG_0224-Nokia-Lumia-1020-yellow.jpg

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link, but that wallet doesn't seem as practical as the included one for the Lumia 1020. I wonder if there a suitable place inside the phone to attach a wrist strap, then maybe drilling a small hole in the rear cover to make it look like it came from Nokia that way.

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
If your going to put a case on it just drill the hole through that and attach it. It would be really easy, especially if you get one with a softer part on it. I attached a string through the back on my case, that I can slide a finger through, which then allows me to work the phone with one hand 90% of the time without ever having to worry bout dropping it.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
When I first bought my Lumia 1520, I was concerned that the device had no attachment point for a wrist strap. This being my first phablet, the combination of its large size and rounded edges seemed to sometimes make the device awkward to hold securely.

And sure enough, this August, I dropped it on a gravel road and shattered the glass digitizer. I sent it to Palco for repair, and after I got it back, I really wanted to better protect the device and also make it more secure-feeling in the hand. I have added a tempered glass screen protector and a rubber soft case that I am quite happy with.

But, I felt that it needed a wrist strap for an added level of security and peace of mind.

So, I drilled (poked) two holes in the soft case and installed an extra wrist strap from an old Canon camera that I had lying around. It provides some extra security but obviously not as much as if it was installed through the back shell of the device.

The case before modification:
IMG_8825.jpg

and with the wrist strap installed on the lower right hand side next to the camera button:
IMG_8826.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

detail:
IMG_8827.jpg

testing it out:
IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8830.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members