Red/purple hue on the image when turn on the LED flash

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
When i turn on the camera LED flash it produces some red/purple tint effect on the image...anyone else notice this?

Here is a random sample pic i took with LED flash on...

WP_20140124.jpg

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I took a photo with flash too ... by Nokia Camera Beta ... it is enclosed ....

Attachments

• WP_20140124_19_07_26_Raw[1].jpg
    WP_20140124_19_07_26_Raw[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think the pinkish/purple hue will be more obvious if u take the pic closer to the object with the flash on..

Wondering iif this is hardware or software problem..

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
even I noticed it in my phone, check this one out... http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/255843-photos-violet-haze-flash.html
I then checked out a few more times, I noticed that the center portion of the sensor is relatively more bright.. you can see it when you shoot a white wall.. If you observe the photos with flash on tend to be really good on a 1520 compared to other phones with an LED flash.. the center portion of the image has very good detail almost as good as a Xenon flash..
Now because of this extra tuning at the center of an image, the surrounding portion tends to be dimmer and in some cases produce the purple tints..I believe its a white balance issue.. not a hardware issue..

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I do not get any red/purple/violet hue in photos ... not with Nokia Camera or with Nokia Camera Beta either ... well, I like more Nokia Camera Beta photo ...

EDIT: I tried even a built in Camera app (MS) ... still no such hue in photos ...

Last edited:

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I do not get any red/purple/violet hue in photos ... not with Nokia Camera or with Nokia Camera Beta either ... well, I like more Nokia Camera Beta photo ...

EDIT: I tried even a built in Camera app (MS) ... still no such hue in photos ...

Glad that ur phone doesn't have this problem..

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Don't whatever you do get Daylight CFL light bulbs in your house like me
Or any fluorescent for that matter

if you don't want to see red ring and green centres to all you pictures
I believe its a problem with some camera hardware using in a lot of phones including iPhone
lots of info on this link below
Green spot in camera pictures. Genius appointment already set up. Appt cancld [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

View attachment 55400

View attachment 55401

so it's the hardware problem...sigh..
I guess I need to send my unit to the centre..

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Now when I saw this with my 1520, i too felt that there is an issue at the center of the sensor.. but when I looked more carefully, my eyes too perceive the walls to have a green tint.. as a matter of fact the center of the image has the actual color while the rest of the image does not! Double check the room again, when the daylight bulbs are turned on the walls do look a bit greenish...
And as I told earlier, the center appears to be tuned to be work better with light and hence the color difference, its by design. I observe it in my Lumia 928 as well...
Now back to the purple hue, it will be a white balance issue only since I cannot produce it on all surfaces.. It ain't a hardware problem...

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't whatever you do get Daylight CFL light bulbs in your house like me
Or any fluorescent for that matter

if you don't want to see red ring and green centres to all you pictures
I believe its a problem with some camera hardware using in a lot of phones including iPhone
lots of info on this link below
Green spot in camera pictures. Genius appointment already set up. Appt cancld [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

View attachment 55400

View attachment 55401

Feel like donating that Precision Workstation to a worthy cause? :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa