white or yellow?

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I faced similar decision some months ago when I was looking for new cover for my Lumia 820. Black was simply boring. White didn't look that interesting either so I picke yellow and still like it. Now I just need yellow earphones. Yellow is new, unique, cool, hipster you name it :D Go for yellow.

Angree Panda

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Red looks the best but is so slippery that I am scared to take it out of the case. I kinda like the yellow because of the matte finish and the bright color. I wish they made a lime green one.

mjgerrard

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
First post!

I really wanted the yellow, but decided that the size attracted enough attention, without it being bright yellow! Black turned out be a great choice, it looks fantastic and has a great premium feel to it - despite it being made of recyclable materials ;)

LucasLumia

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I own the yellow one and it looks great. And it is matte yellow so you don't have to worry about fingerprints. Besides if you want to make your phone more discrete you can always buy a black cover.

rcroeder

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Glossing is easier to stay clean, the matte tends to show finger oil. My black Nokia 820 bright glossy red zagg skin cover (with my logo and QR code). Go with color

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I've had 2 lines since '05 - personal and business - and until recently have been limited to conservative black for both lines since I've always been a Windows phone user from back in the day of the HTC PPC Edition on T-mo in '02. Last year though Nokia debuted the NL900 in glossy white and I just dug the clean look of the phone from the first time I saw it on just a YouTube vid. Then in Dec the 920 came out and I upgraded my business line to a beautiful black 920. Now that my personal line is eligible for an upgrade next month I'll obviously go with the classy white 1520. Can't wait!

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Between white and yellow....yellow! White easily becomes beige if you don't have a cover.

Also, i got the red one delivered to my office. Professional shmofessional. I rock this at my desk and meetings like a baus

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Give a White L1520 a baseball bat, and IT will beat a Yellow.

Sorry- White wins. Classy, eye catching, matches what ever theme you want to put on your phone, and it is the color of pure driven snow, crisp beneath your feet. Snowmen and snow angels begging to be created.

Yellow limits your themes, is the color of "caution", and don't get me started on yellow snow. I own a ton of dogs, I KNOW what is up there.

valid points and hilarity!

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Davor Voljevica

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 will be released in around 10 days here in Norway and im still not sure what color im gonna pick.Already bought an incipio cover in cyan,so not sure what color would match best with it.

Mac Morrison

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the yellow 1020 and after several months theres not a single 'grubby' mark on it
and when there has it wipes off instantly - its a premium finish.

i think the white is equally stain resistant.

ptb127

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
bump... lol no one has answered whether the phone with a matte finish is easier to hold than the one with the glossy finish?

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
bump... lol no one has answered whether the phone with a matte finish is easier to hold than the one with the glossy finish?

Not sure if this applies to the 1520..but I had a glossy white 920 and just got the matte yellow 1020, and the matte is a bit more slippery than the gloss.

VariableSpark

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I would consider whether you'll be using a case on a regular basis or not. The white or black colored phone would go with a lot more different colored cases than the red or yellow would. I ended up getting the Black RM-937 and the cyan case from Incipio, and I absolutely love the combination.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes