Visual Voicemail on Unlocked Rogers Lumia 1020

walkunafraid

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post, and I hope someone can help me! I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. I had a Lumia 920 on AT&T and I bought an AT&T Lumia 1020. I was able to get the unlock code for the 1020 from AT&T, and the 1020 worked great on T-Mobile's network. I had to change the APN settings to get MMS to work, but visual voicemail worked just fine.

I decided to buy an unlocked Rogers Lumia 1020 for better overall coverage, and I thought everything was working great until I tried visual voicemail. When I try to set it up, it doesn't ask for a password or anything, it just goes straight to "Syncing". And then it never successfully connects. I've tried factory resetting numerous times. I've tried setting it up with cellular only, cellular + WiFi, and no luck. I've tried starting from scratch and restoring from backup. Every time it gets stuck at "Syncing" and "Checking for new voicemail messages" for a couple of minutes and then eventually fails. All the reports I had read of using a Rogers Lumia on T-Mobile were overwhelmingly positive and didn't mention anything about VV issues, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Yumi Wolf

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same issue with setting up visual voicemail as well. I'm also on T-Mobile's network. I tried setting up visual voicemail through YouMail, but the call forwarding on T-Mobile is not conditional, meaning that your phone won't ring or be notified of a call before it is forwarded to the voicemail. I would like to know how to make call forwarding on T-Mobile conditional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers