Nokia Lumia 920 Black update - UKEE

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought all the truly unlocked ones were updated. Mine is on EE, and I am stuck with whatever they give me, unless I faff about with some workaround.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just checked when UKEE will be getting the Black Update and it now says this..

"Lumia 920 Everything Everywhere 3047.0000.1326.2021 Available Coming soon"

I'm not sure how long Coming Soon is, but it did not say that last night.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought all the truly unlocked ones were updated. Mine is on EE, and I am stuck with whatever they give me, unless I faff about with some workaround.
Yep, truly unlocked ones as you say, the ones that are purchased unbranded and unlocked (usually 'Sim Free', but some PAYG phones are completely unbranded as well). These have the Country Variant firmware, so they usually, but not always, get updated before the carrier specific phones. The 920 Country Variant has had Black for quite a while.

Just so others are aware, you can for example have an EE 920, but then get it unlocked, but you will still have to wait for EE to release the update as it's EE's firmware that is on the phone, it doesn't matter whether you get it unlocked or not.

I just checked when UKEE will be getting the Black Update and it now says this..

"Lumia 920 Everything Everywhere 3047.0000.1326.2021 Available Coming soon"

I'm not sure how long Coming Soon is, but it did not say that last night.
I believe it changed to Coming Soon yesterday morning, so it's been about a day and a half. Hopefully we'll get it within the next couple of days or so.

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,just asked my colleague about his phone and he said he bought the 920 from HONG KONG and is on EE on a sim only deal.That would explain is upgrade to BLACK because technically its not an EE handset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa