A few questions

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
As you can see by my signature, I use a 620 (and in fact have been for nearly a year now), and follow this site everyday, but need a few answers for a friend of mine who got an 820 this week.

1. When you shake the phone lightly, you can feel the battery move slightly, and falls out easily if you take the back cover off - this doesn't happen on my 620. Is this common?
2. Where are the glance screen settings - on mine, it's between touch and access point. Thinking about it, this may be to do with the Black update, which I don't have yet, but forgot to ask if he has it, although I believe it is available for the 820 here in the UK, so not surprised if it came preinstalled with it.

Also, someone else I know has an 820 as a company phone, and has been put off by it because he says he can quite often be in a call and it will cut off randomly. Apparently, all the 820's in the company do this. Again, is this common? My friend mentioned above has so far found signal to be much better now (820 on virgin mobile, which goes through EE, compared to his previous Galaxy S2 on Vodafone), but obviously he's only had his for less than a week, so will see how his gets on over time.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
1: Yes this is common on the Lumia 820
2: It's under Settings, just have to scroll down the list to find it. I've seen it in different order on different phones.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I never felt the battery move inside the phone, but it can fall easily when the cover is taken off.
If he doesn't see Glance in Settings at all, maybe he didn't update to Amber yet.

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I never felt the battery move inside the phone, but it can fall easily when the cover is taken off.
If he doesn't see Glance in Settings at all, maybe he didn't update to Amber yet.

Considering it's a new phone that arrived about 6 days ago, surely it would have come pre installed with amber

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

I'll second that

I have never felt battery move whilst shaking and my phone has been dropped a fair bit.

After using/dropping my Lumia 820 for almost a year I feel very confident in Nokia build quality

Touch wood :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk