Notification light

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
That's why the glance feature is so great...tells you what you want to know, not every single notification. Mine is set for work emails only, no personal ones....and messages, Facebook and Twitter updates.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Nokia seem to have an aversion on their Windows Phones to Notification lights sadly.

The rather tiny glance screen icons are okay, but at least the option for something a bit more noticeable would be nice, especially if you could assigns colours for different people/types of alert.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Notification light is one thing I really miss in the Lumia series. My old phone had it and it was a very helful feature in identifying missed calls and sms's.

In my 1320, the touch buttons at the bottom do not even glow. At times in the dark it really sucks. I expected at least in the Lumia 1320 those touch buttons would emit light.

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
That Start button only blinks for notification when your phone is dead flat when you are charging it. Same for 920 as well.

neJANIS

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is one of few thing that I hate about Lumia series. It doesn't have notification light. I don't use Glance screen as I don't really see point of it. But I mean how hard is tu put notification light?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused....you don't see the point of the glance screen?

It IS the notification center for Nokia. Uses next to no battery power yet when on constant mode gives you the time as well as live notifications of your choosing.

I'm just not sure how anyone could not think this is a million times better and more informative than a blinking light?

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused....you don't see the point of the glance screen?

It IS the notification center for Nokia. Uses next to no battery power yet when on constant mode gives you the time as well as live notifications of your choosing.

I'm just not sure how anyone could not think this is a million times better and more informative than a blinking light?
Glance screen is not an answer for Notification light. We are talking about two different features. Notf'n Light: Lets you know that there a(some) notifications to be attended.
Glance: Lets you see what the notifications are.
Its a step by step procedure.
Use of N Light: Say your phone is in a visible distance(out of your reach). This is the best use in real time. Only then you go and check(may b by using Glance).

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
You know what I love most about my 1020 over my years with Blackberry? Not having that sodding blinking red led ruling my life.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
but sometimes you need to be notified if you have a new msg or call especially when u r away from your mobile

No you don't....if you're close enough to your phone to see a blinking light, you're close enough to get off your ***, walk over and look at it. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb