Its about 2 months old now. I never tested the front facing camera but just a few days ago I tested it on skype and I was quite disappointed.
    I made a skype call in the evening in indoor lighting conditions, and the brightness was really low (my friend on the other side of the call told me that). I thought that's how it is but then it was Nokia so I doubted it.
    Can anyone confirm if that's the case - Some pics below

The first pic shows how it looks from the front cam in Nokia Camera Beta (Screen shot)
    Second shows how it looks after pic is taken (the brightness increases)
    Third shows the real lighting conditions (that how much lighted the room really was).
    Now the third pic shows that there was more than enough light in the room for good video calling but as seen by the last picture it wasn't the same.

I made a video call b/w my 620 and PC and thats how the video from the 620's FFC looked like in the PC (LAST PIC)

------------------------------
    Picture 1 by screen shot
    ss.png

Same picture by front facing camera
    fc.jpg

Same picture by main camera
    bc.jpg

Picture 2 by screen shot
    ss1.png

Same by front facing camera
    fc1.jpg

Same by back camera
    bc1.jpg

Picture from front facing camera as seen by skype on a PC

skypeffc.jpg

Question - Is the front facing camera really like that or my FFC is a faulty one?

If it's like that, I am quite disappointed.

If it's not, can I have the FFC changed? The device is under warrenty.
    Last edited by Kaushik Dash; 01-26-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    01-26-2014 09:15 AM
    Its about 2 months old now. I never tested the front facing camera but just a few days ago I tested it on skype and I was quite disappointed.
    I made a skype call in the evening in indoor lighting conditions, and the brightness was really low (my friend on the other side of the call told me that). I thought that's how it is but then it was Nokia so I doubted it.
    Can anyone confirm if that's the case - Some pics below

The first pic shows how it looks from the front cam in Nokia Camera Beta (Screen shot)
    Second shows how it looks after pic is taken (the brightness increases)
    Third shows the real lighting conditions (that how much lighted the room really was).
    Now the third pic shows that there was more than enough light in the room for good video calling but as seen by the last picture it wasn't the same.

I made a video call b/w my 620 and PC and thats how the video from the 620's FFC looked like in the PC (LAST PIC)

Picture 1 by screen shot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	415.1 KB 
ID:	55484

Same picture by front facing camera

Name:	FC.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	55485

Same picture by main camera

Name:	BC.jpg 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	55486

Picture 2 by screen shot

Name:	SS1.png 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	55487

Same by front facing camera

Name:	FC1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	55488

Same by back camera

Name:	BC1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	55489

Picture from front facing camera as seen by skype on a PC

Name:	skypeffc.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	55483

Question - Is the front facing camera really like that or my FFC is a faulty one?

If it's like that, I am quite disappointed.

If it's not, can I have the FFC changed? The device is under warrenty.
    Even though the 620 uses a VGA camera the video quality differs from camera quality just like in any phone out there. I don't really use my FFC for video but for taking pics yes and I get pretty good results. Could be hardware issues with your phone could be software issues. Remember its a VGA camera so its not going to be amazing in the first place.
    01-26-2014 03:51 PM
    Completely understand that its a VGA camera and its not going to give me wow results. But from the front camera pictures I have shown, are your results the same? The still pictures I have no issues, for a VGA camera they are great. It's just the video quality I am not sure about.

In day light, under the sun, etc it gives me good results both in video and still pictures.
    01-26-2014 11:57 PM
    Completely understand that its a VGA camera and its not going to give me wow results. But from the front camera pictures I have shown, are your results the same? The still pictures I have no issues, for a VGA camera they are great. It's just the video quality I am not sure about.

In day light, under the sun, etc it gives me good results both in video and still pictures.
    My video quality with the FFC in daylight is moderate but in low light its very grainy and distorted. Looks like all the 620's are like this. Maybe upgrade to a 920/1020/1520 lol
    01-27-2014 07:22 AM
    Ah fine then, I guess I will have to do with this. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
    01-27-2014 07:46 AM
    Ah fine then, I guess I will have to do with this. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
    No problem. Your welcome
    01-27-2014 07:31 PM