SLOW Here Maps (issue)

lukaszsidek

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I've just upgraded my 820 to the new, black edition. We all know how hard it is to save over 1gb free on the phone all time so I've decided to make it easier by using a hard reset and downloading all 'here' maps again but this time - saving them on my microsd card.

I did so and have an issue to solve now... The maps are loading and appear SO SLOWLY!!! Sometimes it's fine (not perfect) but very often I have to wait even about 20 seconds to see a part of the map! I mean... Wow, I am shocked! But it's not everything: when I use WiFi connection and type something it is even worse. I want to look at New York for example and when WiFi is off I have to wait 5-10 seconds usually to see what I want to see. With WiFi on it takes much much much more... Don't know why...
And when I finally see the map of NYC and want to zoom it I have to spend another few seconds on waiting. In both cases... Sometimes even the world map shows nothing: just a blue color, sometimes blue color and countries borders...
I have about 1,5GB of maps downloaded on my card.

I wonder whether it doesn't work because of my card or black edition or what? The card is Toshiba 16gb class 4. I've had class 10 one year ago but it didn't work. My Lumia couldn't read it...

please help me... I really need these maps, this is why I have Nokia as I travel a lot... Before upgrading and restarting everything was fine.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Maps are generally only 200-300mb - how did you manage to live in a country with 1GB of maps? Or are you downloading the whole world on your phone?!

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have only one map (it took 100Mb) but Here Maps seems to be really slow. And I am not talking about 200-500Mb maps - it's just 96Mb... Maybe that's because of the latest update?: ) I'm almost sure that it will be fixed with another minor update; )

nikhilmistri

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I also have problem with here maps .... But my problem is not with offline maps but with the satellite images..... The satellite view is very slow and it takes long time to display the clear view....did any one face such kind of problem..... I am in India..... Using l720.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99