I bought a L920 in December. The way has been Amber, Black and finally Portico

Pedroballester

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I'm a Spanish user and last December I bought a Nokia Lumia 920 with Amber version (the phone was free, new and sealed). I had the same problem as you with the photos: the photos had a yellowish color mostly. I searched how to downgrade to Portico version and I'm very happy with the change. I can't be happier now.

I don't have any photos of Black/Amber update: for yellowish photos you can see some pictures on this forum. But here are two pictures with my new Portico firmware.

WP_20140127_013.jpg
WP_20140127_009.jpg
There's no yellowish tint.

Last edited:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
1st Thank you for doing it :).
Yup Portico kills less details then Amber/Black (but not by a huge margin), green tint is still present.
Black gets again a bit greyish and color a bit off. All in all its clear that Nokia didn't fixed anything (and we are already on the 3th update).

Pedroballester

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I conclude that Nokia does not WANT to fix these problems, Nokia wants to ruin a good camera phone because not everyone is willing to buy a mobile for a lot of money if they have a very nice one. Nokia 920 is perfect, and Nokia has thoroughly messed: yellowish, greenish photos ... It is unfortunate. I recommend everyone to return to Portico.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I conclude that Nokia does not WANT to fix these problems, Nokia wants to ruin a good camera phone because not everyone is willing to buy a mobile for a lot of money if they have a very nice one. Nokia 920 is perfect, and Nokia has thoroughly messed: yellowish, greenish photos ... It is unfortunate. I recommend everyone to return to Portico.

Good point

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
They adopted the marketing strategy of Apple. Nokia want us to buy a 1020 or much higher end phone. 920 with Portico the Camera is brilliant.

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Peoples what is wrong with you how can you say "brilliant" when its only (if even) by a margin better. There is more noise, white isn't correct. I agree that they wanna us to buy better phones but saying that Portico is "brilliant" i think you are biased.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac