Anyone still suffering from internet sharing blue screen of death? Have answer!!!

Paul Mills3

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I had a HTC Desire Z operating Android on Vodafone UK for over 2 years as a wifi hotspot and had no problem connecting my Dell XPS L501X laptop to the internet.

When I swapped to a Nokia 920, when I tried to use internet sharing I kept getting the windows 7 'blue screen of death'.
I tried EVERYTHING, contacting both Nokia and Vodafone (no joy), installing the Spanish keyboard, trying to change the settings in the Network centre,hard reset, soft reset, blah blah.
I had hoped that the new Amber update would solve the issue, still no luck.
I love the phone, but this is one feature that I really need for work purposes.

Then I found on the INTEL forums that we were not alone, that this issue affects a lot of phones running windows 8. Its not the phone, its the INTEL DRIVERS.
I have an INTEL(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000 chipset. It is now on 15.9.2.1 (released 24/11/2013) though the update did show 16.7.0 ?????
Posts on the forum did suggest that rolling back the driver had helped some people, but I had noticed an improvement in speed and didn't want to go backwards.
This new updated driver is available from the Intel Driver Update Utility.
I can now use my Nokia 920 for internet sharing!!!! BLISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 925 was working fine for creating a hotspot (internet sharing) although just this week I continuously get the blue screen crash on my laptop....though no such issue with colleagues iphone / android devices. Sounds like I have the same issue.

Do you know how I can resolve?

alva114

Banned
Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The bug check screen or the stop error screen that is called Blue Screen of death or BSoD is caused to fatal error or the error displayed by your operating system. When I got this error on my computer I was very annoyed. Because after getting this error on my system my operating system gets crashed. Then my friend recommended me to use a repair tool that can repair and resolve the computer issues.

Reimage PC Repair Tool for Windows Repair

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon