broken screen what to replace?

xdesdx

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So I have broken my 920 screen.

What do I have to replace.
- The screen glass or
- the digitizer

The phone works fine, the broken glass doesn't affect the performance.
TPx6KSV.jpg

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, the top glass IS the digitizer. What's underneath it is the actual LCD screen. It's cheaper to just replace the digitizer, but it's also alot more work. Getting an LCD screen that already has the digitizer will cost more money, but it'll be alot more easier. You should also look up disassembly videos on Youtube before doing anything.

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just replaced my wife's digitizer on her 920. There is a great video on Youtube, "Nokia Lumia 920 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement". Watch the whole thing before you start! You don't have to do everything he does, so you can skip parts of it, but you'll have excellent instructions on what you need to do to get the phone apart, AND back together. Like MaulerX said, it is easier to just replace LCD and digitizer. If you do just the digitizer, you have to separate the digitizer and LDC from each other, and then glue on the new one, just right. Getting all the old glue off is a real pain in the next. For the extra $40-50, if I had to do it again, I'd probably get LCD and Digitizer. Just hit up Ebay. Also, please note, if you do just the digitizer you need a T2 Torx screw driver (teeny tiny). I had a heck of a time finding one, and had to order it from Amazon, so make sure you have one before you start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster