Received an update today...but what was it all about?!?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, black is for Nokia, your phone will download all cumulative ms updates prior to updating to update 3, this is irrespective of carrier models, 10328.78 then update 3 will follow, you can't skip updates

what we are confused about is that most of us using ativ s already have gdr2 since late summer and this number os update is still gdr2.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Now that's good news! I always cringe when I have to shut my phone down, as it takes ages to boot back up. Worst time it tried 14 times to boot up before finally getting to the home/main screen, but generally took only 3 or 4 cyclings. As I say, great news if this updated resolved that!
I haven't done numerous tests, but thus far I'm 4 for 4. This doesn't mean that it's fixed for sure, but here's hoping!

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update on a Roger locked T899M: went from 8.0.10327 to 8.0.10328. Nothing new at first look: no data sense and still a 6 GB other storage.

Remember Data Sense app does not appear until the phone is factory reset. This is a complete pain in the a.. Until GDR3 when you have the option to restore over Wi-Fi

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Remember Data Sense app does not appear until the phone is factory reset. This is a complete pain in the a.. Until GDR3 when you have the option to restore over Wi-Fi

ya, that was soo annoying. im hoping the non preview GDR3 won't require another factory reset.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the phone no longer crashes during boot, at least it hasn't in the 4 times I've booted since getting the update.

Ooooooo! I hope that this fixes the boot crash problem. Sometimes it might only take 4 rounds of boot crashing, but other times it goes on and on and I worry that it won't successfully boot up... it eventually does (to my relief).

I'm also on Bell. I just checked for updates... none available yet.
I'm still GDR2 OS: 8.0.10327.77 & FW: 2212.13.6.1

We received GDR2 pretty quickly. It's been a bummer that we haven't had GDR3 yet. I've resisted the temptation for the developer program method thus far.

Jean_Philippe VERT

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Yes I know, but I'm not ready for a factory reset. Even with the restore, you still have so many things to setup again.
I have noticed a higher battery drain since the update. Where I was getting a 3-4%/hour discharge rate before the update, I now get a 7.5%/hour in the exact same condition. I don't know what's going on...

SymmetryPlus

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I also received this update on an unbranded, unlocked i8750 in the UK.
Nothing appeared to have changed, apart from the OS version number, and Bluetooth was still crashing when paired with my car.
I called Samsung Mobile support in the UK who said they had not released any software or firmware updates at all for this phone, so I should try Microsoft. I can't see anything relevant on windowsphone.com, so I've given up waiting for a UK update and installed the GDR3 developer preview.
This does seem to have improved my Bluetooth reliability.

gohaaron

May 29, 2013
Visit site
also here in Switzerland, but ive been stuck in this cog spinning screen now for the past 1 hour, should i be worried? already had dev preview GDR3 installed and it is also dev and interop unlocked... any help guys?

car01ine68

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Feeling the love (appropriately on Valentine's Day!) from Bell Canada and/or Samsung...received another update today! Now updated to OS version 8.0.10521.155 I now have the built in "Data Sense" app on my phone and "Screen Rotation" lock, found under 'Settings'. I don't really see anything else new and wonderful. LOL, not sure why I get so excited, anticipating a new update to my phone...it's always rather a bit of a let down, in the end. I always hope for huge changes...new major whistles and bells...and get just a few tweaks and improvements instead. Oh well...still beats using an iPhone or Android!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb