Verizon / Nokia Lumia 928 Update

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Verizon sent this update out thinking it was the "Black" update that everyone was asking for. I truly believe tech support at Verizon and basically all other wireless carriers is completely clueless when it comes to updates and unless there is enough pressure from the end users, or the update solves a problem users have been complaining about, then they won't bother to push it out. The Black update is more features and why would Verizon want to push that out to existing phones when they know new phones (aka 929) will come with it pre-installed and it will add a competitive advantage to get people to update (locked in for another 2 years).

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Verizon sent this update out thinking it was the "Black" update that everyone was asking for. I truly believe tech support at Verizon and basically all other wireless carriers is completely clueless when it comes to updates and unless there is enough pressure from the end users, or the update solves a problem users have been complaining about, then they won't bother to push it out. The Black update is more features and why would Verizon want to push that out to existing phones when they know new phones (aka 929) will come with it pre-installed and it will add a competitive advantage to get people to update (locked in for another 2 years).
I have a 6 month old 928 -- as do many others. I'm not upgrading just to get the update, and Verizon knows that.

I know it's fashionable to beat up on big anything, and make them out to be the ultimate villain -- I'm not buying it. . .

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Lucky for us, that's not how anything works in the real world.

mourinho2612

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
i have update to firmware 78 ,but yesterday i have flash rom,and os version com back 77,i have check for update but nothing happend ,what should i do?
Thank

Last edited:

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I had previously updated OS to the .78, but recently flashed backed to .77 using the new Nokia recovery tool. Now I can't update to .78. I really don't care but find it strange that I can no longer update. Perhaps the .78 got pulled?

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I had previously updated OS to the .78, but recently flashed backed to .77 using the new Nokia recovery tool. Now I can't update to .78. I really don't care but find it strange that I can no longer update. Perhaps the .78 got pulled?

The new tool just recovers the currently loaded version -- it's not an update tool. . .

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The new tool just recovers the currently loaded version -- it's not an update tool. . .
Yes, I know about the tool, however, pre-tool flash i was on .77. upadated to .78 through the phone update setting. then flashed backed to .77. now when i use the phone update setting i dont get an update, but message that phone is up to date...at .77

mourinho2612

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I know about the tool, however, pre-tool flash i was on .77. upadated to .78 through the phone update setting. then flashed backed to .77. now when i use the phone update setting i dont get an update, but message that phone is up to date...at .77

Yes,i have the same prolem.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Well doesn't matter now. Just got Lumia Black with update 3 and also noticed the .78 was also included as one of the updates.

Lysergix

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Finally! I'm glad.

Though I just noticed, when I hold the Back button to go to the App switcher, the background color is now darker than what it used to be.

Is anyone else experiencing this too? Is this just how it is now post "Lumia Black" update?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The best feature so far for me is the PIN code and camera interaction.

Previously if you pressed the camera button you could take a picture even if the phone was locked. However, if you switched the default camera app to the Nokia Camera, for example, you were forced to unlock your phone before you could take a picture.

Now with this update, Nokia Camera is the default app and you can use it without having to unlock your phone!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077