Verizon / Nokia Lumia 928 Update

ListeningStone

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Today I received an update notice on my Verizon/Nokia Lumia 928.
I already had the latest gdr2 and amber updates so I thought this was gdr3 / black update.
Being excited, I started the download and put the phone on my charging plate and proceeded with the update.
I left the phone to update and came back later.
On the screen it posted that my update was done.
I had a smile ear to ear as I started checking to see all the cool new features on my 928, but to my dismay.... I still had the same windows version and amber update that I had prior to the update notice.
Am I missing something? Did the update fail and restore my phone to gdr2/amber?
Did anyone else have this happen to them tonight?
Thank you :).

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably a quick update sent by Verizon to fix a couple of bugs on your phone, or to prepare your phone for the Black update.

Well, all matters aside, it's most likely just a quick bug fix sent out.

By the way, I do not think that Black has been officially released on the 928.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I had already updated to the gdr3 update last December I didnt get an update last night or today. Wonder if that is the reason

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had already updated to the gdr3 update last December I didnt get an update last night or today. Wonder if that is the reason

Same here - and my firmware version matches the version that someone in another thread said that the update gave them.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here - and my firmware version matches the version that someone in another thread said that the update gave them.

hopefully that means Verizon is that much closer to releasing GDR3/Black officially? The update made my phone a hair more responsive...or maybe I just want to think that to quell my growing impatience.

judymd

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I updated mine this morning and now many of my apps (third party, Bing and Nokia apps) won't open, they just blink and then close right away. Hope they fix this soon. This happen to anyone else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb