Blown Away

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Got my Nokia Lumia 1520 last Tuesday and I have to say this phone has blown me away! The screen is incredible the speed of it is even better. A really impressive piece of kit put together by Nokia. This is the first phone for a long time where I have actually thought that I could live with this phone for two years!

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Agree with with you mate. I have swapped a Note 3 for this one and I couldn't be happier with it.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 RM-937 using Tapatalk

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
:cool:I agree with each of you. I cant put it down. For the life of me I cant understand why this phone isn't winning people over. I still have an Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 2( not a bad device at all )but the WP8 experience combined with the 1520 size, speed and form factor is like Wow . I will never use a smaller screen

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft needs help in the AT&T store to really push the phone, I think. I imagine that only if you go in with the determination to buy a Windows Phone will the representatives suggest that you buy one. Does that sound like correct assumption?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree with with you mate. I have swapped a Note 3 for this one and I couldn't be happier with it.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 RM-937 using Tapatalk

I've had all the notes and I was a bit disappointed that the 3 wasn't that much of a steep forward from the 2 but I did have an S4 in between them. I found all the hand gesturing and stuff interesting for the first week or two of ownership of the S4 but the S pen was handy on the notes.

anon(5333135)

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft needs help in the AT&T store to really push the phone, I think. I imagine that only if you go in with the determination to buy a Windows Phone will the representatives suggest that you buy one. Does that sound like correct assumption?

exactly that. No matter what store you go into they suggest an iphone or an android phone. I am a windows phone fan til the end. Incredible

wyrdangel

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I too got one just a few days ago as my employer recently started offering them as an option for folk who are on-call. I chose the red 1520 more on a whim than anything else. My personal phone's contract is up soon and I was just curious to see if I could stand carrying around a phone that size. I've been an Android fan for about 4 years now and my intent was to use it as a testing ground for something the size of a G-Note 3 which I was considering but I've been really surprised by how much I find myself enjoying this phone. So far I'm impressed by the:

Screen - just awesome/gorgeous/beautiful/insert-more-praise-here
Sound - external speaker is quite nice
Camera - very good
Speed - this thing is frickin' fast and lag-free.

The only things now that make me miss my Android at all are:

App selection still a bit thin, although not as bad as I'd first feared.
I miss a swype-style keyboard because I just type several times faster that way
Google Play Music - mainly because that's where all my stuff is and I haven't yet explored the options over in this ecosystem, could be something that would satisfy me.

Overall a great experience so far!. Makes me want to root for Nokia's success. (EDIT: I do want to add that I wish that Nokia would stop with the one-carrier-only exclusives as I'd never be on AT&T if it were my personal phone...seems a shame that they are limiting a very nice model phone this way).

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had all the notes and I was a bit disappointed that the 3 wasn't that much of a steep forward from the 2 but I did have an S4 in between them. I found all the hand gesturing and stuff interesting for the first week or two of ownership of the S4 but the S pen was handy on the notes.
Yeah, you're right. I also had the Note 2 previously and gave it to my wife after buying the Note 3. To be honest, it's a great phone and as you said, after awhile you feel like you want something else. I had it for about 3 months and I was already getting a bit bored with it. I do miss some of the apps I had i.e. for my personal banking, free TV from my ISP and few few other more, but overall, I reckon the Lumia 1520 was a better choice for me.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I too got one just a few days ago as my employer recently started offering them as an option for folk who are on-call. I chose the red 1520 more on a whim than anything else. My personal phone's contract is up soon and I was just curious to see if I could stand carrying around a phone that size. I've been an Android fan for about 4 years now and my intent was to use it as a testing ground for something the size of a G-Note 3 which I was considering but I've been really surprised by how much I find myself enjoying this phone. So far I'm impressed by the:

Screen - just awesome/gorgeous/beautiful/insert-more-praise-here
Sound - external speaker is quite nice
Camera - very good
Speed - this thing is frickin' fast and lag-free.

The only things now that make me miss my Android at all are:

App selection still a bit thin, although not as bad as I'd first feared.
Google Play Music - mainly because that's where all my stuff is and I haven't yet explored the options over in this ecosystem, could be something that would satisfy me.

Overall a great experience so far!. Makes me want to root for Nokia's success. (EDIT: I do want to add that I wish that Nokia would stop with the one-carrier-only exclusives as I'd never be on AT&T if it were my personal phone...seems a shame that they are limiting a very nice model phone this way).
Xbox music is the Microsoft (and pre-dates it) equivalent to google play music

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Even thought the 1520 is a great device I prefer more the 925 I like the design and would love to see Nokia or Microsoft come up with a follow up.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Google Play Music - ...

I miss Swype too..

MRKV

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a yellow one coming on Friday, hope I feel the same way you do. I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the size and camera quality coming from a 1020

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Swype is my number one gripe as well. Also dictation worked really well for me on my Nexus 4. On the app side I want Vonage extensions, other than that I am completely satisfied with WP!

Khang Ngo2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
This phone is very good, I found several apps that are very good that I find no reason to go back to android or ios. Big screen, big battery, and awesome organized UI is awesome.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
:cool:I agree with each of you. I cant put it down. For the life of me I cant understand why this phone isn't winning people over. I still have an Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 2( not a bad device at all )but the WP8 experience combined with the 1520 size, speed and form factor is like Wow . I will never use a smaller screen

My Lumia 920 fits perfectly in the side pocket of my jeans. The top-right corner JUUUUST ticks out. The 1520 might be too wide to fit in that pocket, and I know that it would be awkward to use with one hand.

If you're a 2-handed user, it's probably great. If you prefer to be able to one-hand your device and have it not take up too much space, the 920 is about the line--for me, at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb