Could the Icon have a crippling issue that is delaying its release?

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
This whole subsection is filled with people making rumors of a rumor. You want to see rumors about rumors about rumors? Head over to the "Upcoming and Rumored Device" section. The mods have since cleaned it up a bit, but jeez...

You mean rumored rumors like... the Icon shipment was on a cargo ship from China to the US, but then the ship got boarded by Somalian pirates, and then they activated a high-tech microwave emitter that fried all the circuits (hense the crippling issues). Batman tried to stop them but he was too late. Don't bother asking what Somali pirates were doing in the Pacific... its a long story and I don't want to get into it.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You mean rumored rumors like... the Icon shipment was on a cargo ship from China to the US, but then the ship got boarded by Somalian pirates, and then they activated a high-tech microwave emitter that fried all the circuits (hense the crippling issues). Batman tried to stop them but he was too late. Don't bother asking what Somali pirates were doing in the Pacific... its a long story and I don't want to get into it.

That story is better than nothing, which is what we have so far.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

That's not a rumor though, that's an undeniable fact. My sister's former roommate's brother's best friend's penpal was aboard the ship that was captured by the pirates, and he saw it with his own two eyes. Which is strange because he's blind, but this is all totally true.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Joe_Easton, you just need to toggle airplane mode for your texts to start working again. Don't waste time with a full system reboot. Of course, you still have to copy and paste your text into a new field after doing so, but it still saves at least a minute of your time.

thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time I have issues

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Given they are doing a mock up of the web page one would think they are going to release relatively quickly. It would be foolish for them to hold off until 8.1. That's three months or more of lost sales for an item that has already had some devices leak into the market in China.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Given they are doing a mock up of the web page one would think they are going to release relatively quickly. It would be foolish for them to hold off until 8.1. That's three months or more of lost sales for an item that has already had some devices leak into the market in China.

The damn thing WILL be released. But who ever decided the best marketing angle was to keep it secret, even though it's not a secret and is actually in the hands of some Chinese guy and string the tech blogs along until everyone is tired of it and THEN release it into a sea "healthy" competition needs to go back to class.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Since the phone has been in testing so long, I have to wonder if there is an issue with it. I know my 8X has texting issues still, and I've heard that the 928 and 822 are riddled with bugs, too. I feel like it is very probable that since Verizon is CDMA, it may be having some issues with the Icon.

Well it could have a crippling issue or it could be they don't like the color or the shipment could be trapped in a time warp or it is being held hostage by zombies. The metrics that demonstrate it is late/delayed are all based upon rumor and speculation regarding the release date. If VZW had announced a definite release date and missed it then it would be late. At the moment it is only late on the basis of rumors. This is no different than last year when the 928 was coming for months in the spring. When was it released? It was in days of the actual announcement just when VZW it would be released.

As to whether the 822 and 928 have been riddled with bugs, that is using rumor and opinion (neither of which are facts) to support speculation. While the 822 is a lousy phone in my experience it is not buggy. The 928 is neither buggy nor lousy....

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
This stinkin phone better be the most amazing smartphone on the planet. Actually its already using technology found in many other phones that have been on the market for months.

What makes a shrunken down 1520 an earth shattering must have device anyway? Because the screen is smaller ? I mean, come on man...it better have more going for it than that.

I'd postpone this thing until it actually blows every WP out there away, else the hype is foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
What makes a shrunken down 1520 an earth shattering must have device anyway? Because the screen is smaller ? I mean, come on man...it better have more going for it than that.

Qi charging built in? :winktongue: In a frame of 15% less volume and 30% less face surface area. I really like the size of my 928 - the 9Icon29 mimics that within a tenth of inch. Pass on the 1520's/GS4's of the world....

Its no secret that Verizon drags their feet, but the overall packaging does make it - if it does get released - a very attractive device.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The earpiece not working in the 928 doesn't have anything to do with the headphones or my speakerphone and Bluetooth would have the same issue... which it doesn't. But none the less, the earpiece issue is a known issue specific to the 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12