1820, 1520v & Normandy BUT no Icon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
its already pretty much confirmed that wp8.1 will rtm in early march, with dev being able to get it sometime later in march and consumer release in april, so you probably will see new wp8.1 devices at build. Look to see devices being available in april/may, not july.

He has spoken. We can put all rumors to rest now. It is now pretty much confirmed that we will all have wp8.1 in a month.

Praise the sun!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
WP seems a bit behind on specs....gs4 with quad core 1080p 5" which we would all love on WP came out last April . We nee a galaxy killer! But Samsung seems to always be one step ahead gs5 will be out im sure there not same specs as gs4 .

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
What is the point of Normandy? Seems extremely stupid. I thought this was some kind of ex-project that got dumped, but now it's sounding more and more real. They are already selling the Lumia 520 at the low end. Why do they need to sell an Android phone? Nokia/Microsoft are acting like they don't have faith in Windows Phone. Stop investing in building a super skinned android phone and put those people to work on improving windows phones!!

Biggest market share, biggest platform out there. Why not diversify? Makes total sense to me. Not sure a separate, highly customized UI is the way to go but I get the strategy.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
WP seems a bit behind on specs....gs4 with quad core 1080p 5" which we would all love on WP came out last April . We nee a galaxy killer! But Samsung seems to always be one step ahead gs5 will be out im sure there not same specs as gs4 .

GS5 16MP, Fingerprint reader, QHD(2560x1440 lol), Exynos and S800 are the supposed specs.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
im about to buy a lumia 920, will i be missing out in the near future? suggestions would be greatly appreciated guys

Uhm not really, newer devices won't be on the price point of the Lumia 920 any time soon and the 920 is still a pretty nice device, though if you want something slightly lighter you may want to look at the Lumia 925 which is also very nice. Really depends on how long you can wait, how much you can pay. I doubt we will see "real" WP8.1 devices before Q3-4 anyway.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
im about to buy a lumia 920, will i be missing out in the near future? suggestions would be greatly appreciated guys

Not sure about the price issue as it has never been one of the factors in considering a phone for me, but I don't understand the logic in purchasing a 920 NOW for any reason. Plenty of competition to come and better phones already on the shelf. I think you'd be missing out now, not in the near future.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
GS5 16MP, Fingerprint reader, QHD(2560x1440 lol), Exynos and S800 are the supposed specs.
any polls on when we see WP with these specs on shelves? We have one "phablet" with desent specs but thats one huge phone . Maybe WP isn't about specs but I'm a guy that loves tech. I have to have the latest and the greatest but the latest and the greatest seem to come to android .....sucks

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
any polls on when we see WP with these specs on shelves? We have one "phablet" with desent specs but thats one huge phone . Maybe WP isn't about specs but I'm a guy that loves tech. I have to have the latest and the greatest but the latest and the greatest seem to come to android .....sucks
WP in general are roughly 6 months behind in the spec wars (further behind if you're on Verizon). No one really has a clue how the Mircosoft purchase is going to affect that though. It could stay the same, or WP could start catching up. That said, Android phones 'need' those super specs because the OS is so sloppy and layered, the only way it can be smooth is through brute strength. WP doesn't get bogged down by the OS nearly as fast as android does, but I agree it would be nice to be getting some of the cool features the top tech brings.

As to when we'd get GS5-like specs. My guess would be in the fall, at least on AT&T.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
WP in general are roughly 6 months behind in the spec wars (further behind if you're on Verizon). No one really has a clue how the Mircosoft purchase is going to affect that though. It could stay the same, or WP could start catching up. That said, Android phones 'need' those super specs because the OS is so sloppy and layered, the only way it can be smooth is through brute strength. WP doesn't get bogged down by the OS nearly as fast as android does, but I agree it would be nice to be getting some of the cool features the top tech brings.

As to when we'd get GS5-like specs. My guess would be in the fall, at least on AT&T.
more like well get GS4 spec phones in the fall ! Gs5 specs on WP? At this rate.......maybe 2015......maybe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte