02-04-2014 11:35 PM
49 12
tools
    can i download it via 3g is that possible..?
    No, it is not possible to download the update over a cellular data connection. You will need to connect with WiFi.
    01-31-2014 08:16 AM
    No, it is not possible to download the update over a cellular data connection. You will need to connect with WiFi.
    Is this because of data charges or limitations with the phone ?
    01-31-2014 03:26 PM
    you can not install it Adnaan , it requires at least 1 gb of ram , so it is in-compatible with your phone
    Storyteller Beta installed on my 520 from the Nokia Collection without a proxy, but it was buggy as hell and really slow though
    01-31-2014 11:17 PM
    Is this because of data charges or limitations with the phone ?
    This is a limitation introduced by Microsoft so users do not end up with an enormous bill. Unfortunately, this sucks for people who want to use their data plans. The current limit, I believe, is 100 MB.
    02-01-2014 05:38 AM
    I have update my Lumia 520 to black and glance, tap to wake up doesn't working.
    02-01-2014 07:45 AM
    I just got the Black update here in Belgium, and I can confirm everything being as ppl said it would be.

Everything works except Storyteller, Beamer, and glance. Double tap works perfect though. Text messages, Drive mode,etc...all work perfect.

Main thing to check now is battery life, which will take a few days to see if there is a difference (good or bad).
    02-01-2014 11:13 AM
    I have the storyteller app here and Nokia camera here on my 520 running gdr3 but no black
    02-01-2014 11:20 AM
    After black & gdr3 update(india) in my l520 working perfect happy to see storyteller beta,nokia camera,double tap to wakeup,driving mode,screen rotation. Bcaz of gdr3 now we can download 100mb app on cellular network before above 59mb wifi network reqired to download.
    Now battery backup is vgood also on double tap to wake up. Also like phone storage. If any one has not update l520 update it you will like. Also touch sensitivity vgood.
    02-01-2014 11:31 AM
    After black & gdr3 update(india) in my l520 working perfect happy to see storyteller beta,nokia camera,double tap to wakeup,driving mode,screen rotation. Bcaz of gdr3 now we can download 100mb app on cellular network before above 59mb wifi network reqired to download.
    Now battery backup is vgood also on double tap to wake up. Also like phone storage. If any one has not update l520 update it you will like. Also touch sensitivity vgood.
    how to check double tap to wake up work or not ?
    02-01-2014 12:04 PM
    Go to settings, touch. Enable 'double tap to wake'.
    02-01-2014 12:28 PM
    Is your display+touch system app updated ? If no update it using sysappusher , double tap to unlock is fOund in phone settings =>touch
    02-01-2014 12:28 PM
    Look for "Touch" in settings.
    02-01-2014 12:29 PM
    Is your display+touch system app updated ? If no update it using sysappusher , double tap to unlock is fOund in phone settings =>touch
    Correct. You might have the gdr3 update, but not yet the app updates. I found te best way to get them is with "Lumia System Updater".
    Lumia System Updater | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It is a fantasticly good app. So good, I did the Dutch translation for the develloper.
    02-01-2014 12:37 PM
    go to setting>touch>double tap to wakeup (on) then lock the screen. Now double tap on screen & swipe up.
    02-01-2014 12:50 PM
    Thanks to all I have found wake up option in touch settings.....
    02-01-2014 01:11 PM
    Can anyone confirm if "Delete temporary files" works with Black update in "Lumia Storage Check" app ?

It's broken in Amber / Preview of GDR3
    02-01-2014 01:12 PM
    i have nokia lumia 525 and asphal 8 wont shpw on my store and when i try to install through pc it says congratulation but won't install on my phone
    02-01-2014 05:41 PM
    i have nokia lumia 525 and asphal 8 wont shpw on my store and when i try to install through pc it says congratulation but won't install on my phone
    I hate the sarcasm, they think we are idiots...congratulations, your intelligent enough to download an app, congratulations, you changed your ringtone, proof your a genius, congratulations you changed your wallpaper successfully, as if I'm the only person on the planet who could do this....ok, now my phone really makes me feel like a congenital imbecile.

The only time I would encourage the "congratulations" message is when its the first time I turn on my Windows phone and it reads "congratulations on you new phone" means that its congratulating you for making the right choice and not choosing Android or Apple, (shows you are intelligent and dont just follow the crowd.
    Last edited by stalemate1; 02-02-2014 at 02:03 AM.
    02-02-2014 01:52 AM
    I remember getting a message from HTC congratulating me on my new phone. It was trying to make me feel comfortable spending a fortune I almost couldn't afford, by making me feel I achieved something but looking back I don't know how I was stupid enough to buy a flagship so I could stare at the live wallpaper on the home screen...I feel...dim
    02-02-2014 01:57 AM
    I hate the sarcasm, they think we are idiots...congratulations, your intelligent enough to download an app, congratulations, you changed your ringtone, proof your a genius, congratulations you changed your wallpaper successfully, as if I'm the only person on the planet who could do this....ok, now my phone really makes me feel like a congenital imbecile.

The only time I would encourage the "congratulations" message is when its the first time I turn on my Windows phone and it reads "congratulations on you new phone" means that its congratulating you for making the right choice and not choosing Android or Apple, (shows you are intelligent and dont just follow the crowd.
    An iintelligent man would not base his choice of phone because crowd.
    Hipster != iintelligent
    02-02-2014 02:05 AM
    I remember getting a message from HTC congratulating me on my new phone. It was trying to make me feel comfortable spending a fortune I almost couldn't afford, by making me feel I achieved something but looking back I don't know how I was stupid enough to buy a flagship so I could stare at the live wallpaper on the home screen...I feel...dim
    I feel you dude. Spending fortunes on a flagship isn't worth it... Especially on Androids. But on Windows Phone there's varieties so we can't really complain much and the experience is consistent enough throughout WP devices.

Same with Apple but their price won't budge, Android throwing around phones here and there. Windows Phone.. Best of both world.
    02-02-2014 01:34 PM
    I need to download the update via NaviFirm ... which product code that u use
    02-04-2014 09:49 AM
    I don't know whether it is a cause of black update, sometimes my phone gets switched off and in order to switch it on, I've to remove the battery.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    02-04-2014 10:13 AM
    I don't know whether it is a cause of black update, sometimes my phone gets switched off and in order to switch it on, I've to remove the battery.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    Try to stick a small piece of paper beside the battery. To make the battery tighter. This is a common issue. Please search in the forum first if you have any questions or problems.
    02-04-2014 11:35 PM
49 12