How's the performance Lumia 520 After Black Update ?

SriNivaS_22

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Careful, I wouldn't go deleting if I were you, you dont know if you still need the old Amber to run the new black. (black may just be a small feature application attachment to Amber)

What phone do you have SriNivaS ?

Hm!
I am Using 520 :)

If That Is The Case?
Then!
Once If We Use Any App/Game ?

APPS/GAMES Creates Temp/Cache Files Right?

In droid Platform ..There Are Several Register Cleaning Apps ? To Clean Up RAM/ Temp Files?

Then Why Those Cleaning Apps Are Not Available In WP Platform?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hm!
I am Using 520 :)

If That Is The Case?
Then!
Once If We Use Any App/Game ?

APPS/GAMES Creates Temp/Cache Files Right?

In droid Platform ..There Are Several Register Cleaning Apps ? To Clean Up RAM/ Temp Files?

Then Why Those Cleaning Apps Are Not Available In WP Platform?

How many gigs of storage (ROM) do you have remaining as just 2GB for apps is fine as you can put everything else on a memory card *up to 64GB*

If you really need the space then transfer all music, videos, photos onto the memory card. If you have no file manager then use a pc.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
can i download it via 3g is that possible..?

Yes, you cant use your phones internet connection but just make sure that you have a REALLY HUGE data plan. Update could be anything from 150MB to 900MB perhaps bigger.
*windows 8.1 update for a laptop is about 3600MB-3.6GB*

also make sure your data connection is stable as if it should fail (suddenly disconnect or loose signal) you may need to get a new phone.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Is this because of data charges or limitations with the phone ?

This is a limitation introduced by Microsoft so users do not end up with an enormous bill. Unfortunately, this sucks for people who want to use their data plans. The current limit, I believe, is 100 MB.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Black update here in Belgium, and I can confirm everything being as ppl said it would be.

Everything works except Storyteller, Beamer, and glance. Double tap works perfect though. Text messages, Drive mode,etc...all work perfect.

Main thing to check now is battery life, which will take a few days to see if there is a difference (good or bad).

devid patel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
After black & gdr3 update(india) in my l520 working perfect happy to see storyteller beta,nokia camera,double tap to wakeup,driving mode,screen rotation. Bcaz of gdr3 now we can download 100mb app on cellular network before above 59mb wifi network reqired to download.
Now battery backup is vgood also on double tap to wake up. Also like phone storage. If any one has not update l520 update it you will like. Also touch sensitivity vgood.

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
After black & gdr3 update(india) in my l520 working perfect happy to see storyteller beta,nokia camera,double tap to wakeup,driving mode,screen rotation. Bcaz of gdr3 now we can download 100mb app on cellular network before above 59mb wifi network reqired to download.
Now battery backup is vgood also on double tap to wake up. Also like phone storage. If any one has not update l520 update it you will like. Also touch sensitivity vgood.

how to check double tap to wake up work or not ?

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos