Not a 920

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
doesn't break and works most of the time? That's more likely to be a Lumia device 920 and above than any of the i-devices. Sorry but truth.

really, drop competition, my 920 vs your igadget, let's go! ;)
How about my 920 with it's 8 dollar 2 piece soft rubber and hard plastic case vs your no case 920.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine 928 has rolled down a concrete sidewalk on edge and only sustained a few barely noticeable scuffs on the corners. Just leaving that out there.

Congrats on being lucky, buy a lotto ticket, you're on a hot streak...How about this, you guys that say these lumia phones are unbreakable mail a signed check for $200 to those that ask if they need to put a case on their phone or not. Tell them they don't need a case and you will pay their deductible if it ever breaks to prove it. Since a lumia never breaks it won't cost you a dime. Yeah right...

Last edited:

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about you all, but of all the phones I deal with at work, its inevitably the ones in cases that are busted up and not the naked ones. Don't know if putting a case on the phone becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and it eventually takes a tumble too far, or if cases make the user feel the phone is invincible, or using a case is a subconscious acknowledgement of clumsiness - but with what I deal with it is a stark contrast.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about you all, but of all the phones I deal with at work, its inevitably the ones in cases that are busted up and not the naked ones. Don't know if putting a case on the phone becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and it eventually takes a tumble too far, or if cases make the user feel the phone is invincible, or using a case is a subconscious acknowledgement of clumsiness - but with what I deal with it is a stark contrast.

Please show proof\stats showing no case is more protective than having a case. Common sense would indicate something is better than nothing. Thank you in advance.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say that if dropped the naked ones survive more than the cased ones. I did state that in my observations as a corporate administrator of phones, cased phones appear to receive more abuse than naked phones. As to why - I specifically drew no conclusions. Nothing more, nothing less than my personal observation.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say that if dropped the naked ones survive more than the cased ones. I did state that in my observations as a corporate administrator of phones, cased phones appear to receive more abuse than naked phones. As to why - I specifically drew no conclusions. Nothing more, nothing less than my personal observation.

As a family administrr of 6-7 phones i have observed that cased phones seem to cause me to help pay fewer deductibles than naked phones. I draw the conclusion that cased phones hold up better than neked fones, my personal obs. Congrats on your employment, wish i had a gig like that, i have to do my phone stuff for free.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I squarely, and almost totally, blame Verizon. Whether they asked for the design to be more square with edge to edge glass, or Nokia showed them several reference designs (I suspect the first) they made the decision to have this differentiated design. Which is obviously more fragile when dropped on its corner.

Two of my corners are cracked from drops, fortunately neither of them went across the entire surface. And for this I blame Verizon!haha. I can see that the 929 has the same sort of design which leads me even more to believe it's VZW's fault. It's a shame that lots of us are stuck with VZW and can't get the best versions of our favorite phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99