Lumia 920 After BLACK: Camera Bugs and Other Issues [BUG REPORT] [POLL]

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Contacted Juha

I contacted Juha (@jalakarhu) on twitter just like I did last time but with a comparison image. As usual, he just said "noted" and I don't know why they are not just admitting it and "at least" give us a hope that a fix will come or the reason for the problem. I'd be much more happy if they did that.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Contacted Juha

I contacted Juha (@jalakarhu) on twitter just like I did last time but with a comparison image. As usual, he just said "noted" and I don't know why they are not just admitting it and "at least" give us a hope that a fix will come or the reason for the problem. I'd be much more happy if they did that.

Show him the thousand views thread here in wpcentral. That blind camera guy should be fired from his job.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
ok people you really need to stop posting this....it can't be a bug....I recently bought a L1020 and it does the same thing with post processing....I have my L920 too....and I'm not gonna think that it's a bug....

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
ok people you really need to stop posting this....it can't be a bug....I recently bought a L1020 and it does the same thing with post processing....I have my L920 too....and I'm not gonna think that it's a bug....

Have you got any problem ? Is an issue introduced by Amber (infact is also affected the 1020), don't continue to give false information about it.

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the "posterized" thing is when the phone goes into sunlight mode. When it ups to maximum brightness and contrast it sometimes glitches the screen somehow. When I had a Nokia 810 it had a similar glitch when it went to sunlight mode. It would change all of the tiles to the original T-Mobile magenta and then switch back after a couple of seconds.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yessss!! it's yellow though it's just a red cover and I still have my L920 and 808 too :)

Congratulation Nadia. I know it's biased to compare Lumia 920 with 1020 but hows the camera when compared to Lumia 920. Though 1020 have a 41MP sensor , it shares the same technology behind it (pure view ) , oh yes lossless zoom in 1020 is the feature is miss most on my 920 , but straight on my point , how is the picture quality when compared to 920-1020-808 :)

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

That's what you call a "bug". :/ I know that some other users were also mentioning this issue, not just Lumia 920 owners. It's a problem with the post-processing and believe me, if the preview can show the image in its full-fledged beauty, the final image should do the same. Instead here, the final image is blurry and has these tints I mentioned even when the image has a higher resolution. The screenshot has 768*1280 resolution but still is way more sharper and has most accurate colours.

So tell me, it's not a bug? If this happens on other devices, why aren't you guys talking about it? It hasn't been a problem at first but later it became more noticeable and that's when I got frustrated. Even the most beautiful outdoor portraits look dull after post-process.

Definitely a software bug but neither Nokia nor any other popular Windows Phone website mentioned it at all. :(

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That's what you call a "bug". :/ I know that some other users were also mentioning this issue, not just Lumia 920 owners. It's a problem with the post-processing and believe me, if the preview can show the image in its full-fledged beauty, the final image should do the same. Instead here, the final image is blurry and has these tints I mentioned even when the image has a higher resolution. The screenshot has 768*1280 resolution but still is way more sharper and has most accurate colours.

So tell me, it's not a bug? If this happens on other devices, why aren't you guys talking about it? It hasn't been a problem at first but later it became more noticeable and that's when I got frustrated. Even the most beautiful outdoor portraits look dull after post-process.

Definitely a software bug but neither Nokia nor any other popular Windows Phone website mentioned it at all. :(

If this was a bug nokia could have fixed it in BLACK update , but you have to accept this , this is how Lumia 920 camera is now, after all it's a 2012 FLAGSHIP phone. One can not expect Lumia 1020:1520 quality images from old hardware. If you are satisfied in protico update post processing , camera algorithms , flash you device and you are good to go. You said the images are blurred , are you actually focusing on the object , or the object must be out of focus.rather posting and complaint here try to ask a nokia technician he will guide you better , send an email to Stephen Elope :D I have heard he does respond to emails.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Ehem, did I anywhere mention anything about quality compared to new phones? And you're proposing that all of a sudden, such blurs and tints appeared out of nowhere and current 920 owners are supposed to live with that? And I'm no ***** to understand how to get focus of the object that I'm trying to shoot.

You're being so off-topic here. Take a notice of the screenshot I posted in the first post of this thread. Do they look out-of-focus? :p And FYI, I have contacted both Juha and @NokiaHelps and what Nokia told me was to reset my phone and blah blah which I did more than twice since Amber and Black. Nothing changed.

I said it was a "bug" because it never happened to me during Portico. Okay, say the image quality was supposed to be like this in the Lumia 920. Then why aren't the images that appear in preview not affected with this problem? Why are they being so accurate in terms of colour and sharpness? If both preview and the final image were the same, I wouldn't have come this far to talk about this issue. It's this that makes me sure that the camera post-processing algorithms are bugged which makes the shots taken with my Lumia 920 end up with reduced sharpness (blurs) and greenish tints.

I hope you understood that and I hope you post a better reply next time.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I know comparing like this is very wrong but here's a go...all 3 pictures size is no more than 500kb....they are around 470kb

Windows Phone 8X by HTC
WP_20140204_003.jpg

Nokia Lumia 920
WP_20140204_025.jpg

Nokia Lumia 1020
WP_20140204_15_22_54_Pro.jpg

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Ehem, did I anywhere mention anything about quality compared to new phones? And you're proposing that all of a sudden, such blurs and tints appeared out of nowhere and current 920 owners are supposed to live with that? And I'm no ***** to understand how to get focus of the object that I'm trying to shoot.

You're being so off-topic here. Take a notice of the screenshot I posted in the first post of this thread. Do they look out-of-focus? :p And FYI, I have contacted both Juha and @NokiaHelps and what Nokia told me was to reset my phone and blah blah which I did more than twice since Amber and Black. Nothing changed.

I said it was a "bug" because it never happened to me during Portico. Okay, say the image quality was supposed to be like this in the Lumia 920. Then why aren't the images that appear in preview not affected with this problem? Why are they being so accurate in terms of colour and sharpness? If both preview and the final image were the same, I wouldn't have come this far to talk about this issue. It's this that makes me sure that the camera post-processing algorithms are bugged which makes the shots taken with my Lumia 920 end up with reduced sharpness (blurs) and greenish tints.

I hope you understood that and I hope you post a better reply next time.

ummm I contacted Juha guy too :/ but all in vain....and then I switched to L1020 to see it has the same thing but the pictures are awesome!

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
All Juha says is -- "Thanks, Noted!". :p I can't afford 1020 right now but would if I got the chance. But the 920 is an awesome device. Its very much enough for me and was all going well -- until this happened. If the preview was disabled and it always showed me the bad image after taking, I wouldn't bother. But every time I take a pic, the colours and the accuracy floats in my mind and I get frustrated as soon as I feast my eyes upon the blurred and dull image where the colours are hilariously greenish. It ruins most of the class pictures -- especially the ones I took with zoom or when I zoom into a taken picture.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
All Juha says is -- "Thanks, Noted!". :p I can't afford 1020 right now but would if I got the chance. But the 920 is an awesome device. Its very much enough for me and was all going well -- until this happened. If the preview was disabled and it always showed me the bad image after taking, I wouldn't bother. But every time I take a pic, the colours and the accuracy floats in my mind and I get frustrated as soon as I feast my eyes upon the blurred and dull image where the colours are hilariously greenish. It ruins most of the class pictures -- especially the ones I took with zoom or when I zoom into a taken picture.
the only workaround I found was to use 1shot ....and switch off the damn photo review

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05