Media and files taking up too much memory

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

You must have noticed, Asphalt 8: Airborne became a freeware, so I opened the Store to download it. Followed by which I got a notification that there is no storage space available. I went to the Settings > Storage Check to find that Media and files is consuming 3 GB of space.

wp_ss_20140129_0001.png

Actually, I don't have anything specifically as media, and whatsoever I have, is in my SD card. Requesting a good explanation for the same.

Thank You.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I imagine if you scroll over, the majority of that 3GB is actually the notorious Other.
My Media and files shows 1.6GB and 1.3GB of that is due to Other.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
One more culprit I think I found, Email + Contacts. I had my Mail sync settings set to 'Download mail for any time'. I guess that costed me around some 700 mb. Now I tried to change the sync settings, for it retrieve to mail from the past week, but still the space occupied by Email + Contacts has not shrinked. Please help!

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you have alot of email saved in your inbox? Alot of contacts, especially contacts with user pics attached to name?

Yes, I used to have a lot of email, but after I changed the Sync settings, they are no longer visible. (But my guess is that they are still taking up space in my memory)

Can't say about lot of contacts, I can somewhat, about 50 people, yes with user photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro