AT&T Update

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I am on AT&T US Lumia 920. I just received a text from AT&T saying that a software update is now available for your smartphone! update your phone today to take advantage of the faster speed of AT&T's 4G LTE network where it's available. Go into your phone update in the settings menu.

When I go into phone update and check it's not showing anything. Anyone know why it wouldn't? Also what update is this?

ajtroxell

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking it is the black update....but it isnt actually available yet for us. Perhaps it IS available but they havent quite pushed it yet. Dont know, just know I got the text too and it means nothing at this point.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nokia website says coming soon for 920 (changed from waiting), which means it is imminent. I am guessing it should start showing up any time, hopefully today. When they start turning it on, they sometimes don't show up on all phones right away. I would just check during the day.

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks guys! AT&T really shouldn't send a text saying go to phone update when it's not really there yet. ha

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and I'm still being told my phone is up-to-date. But the status update definitely is encouraging. Should be any day now!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
This may be a specific AT&T firmware update, not the Black update, that they texted you about. This article explains that an AT&T and Verizon firmware are currently being pushed out, but it's not the Black update. Whether it's this update or not, I'm not sure, as the article doesn't mention the 920. As others have already said though, Black should literally be just a few days away now anyway. Either way, you won't be waiting long now for an update of some sort :)

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia site for the black update changed from waiting for approval to coming soon, so I am guessing they will roll it out together. In the past, ATT has tried to hold out to roll out everything at once.

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it is the Black update coming soon. Even if it was the firmware update I still haven't received and actual update after the AT&T text message. So no matter what it is, it is taking it's good old time!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
At&t can be real slow.... most international 920's received black before the site mentioned coming soon or available. We are now on day 3 of coming soon....

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
mine takes a long time too. Amber took well over half an hour. I think it has to do with how much free space your phone has

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
All done installing and been playing a bit. Liking the new Glance screen and the ability to install Beamer. Really like the idea of being able to set different ringtones for text messages from different people. Now maybe the wife won't yell at me any more for not answering her texts. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6