Anyone in Romania got GDR3?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
A have a friend who bought an unlocked 8X in octomber. He's been stuck on GDR1 ever since. I know HTC stopped the distribution of GDR2 because of some bug they discovered and have therefore released GDR3 as a straight update from GDR1. The problem is my friend is STILL on GDR1 even though HTC released GDR3 internationally in november.

He even called HTC and those guys said the update was released and it was distributed gradually. Now it's february and still nothing. It wouldn't be such a big problem if his phone wouldn't stop responding so often and wouldn't chug along in normal tasks.

Do any of you have any ideea when he might get GDR3? Or least, can someone provide a timetable for HTC updates, the same way Nokia does with its updates?

D

Deleted member 283935

Your friend asked HTC to give more specific information about his device? It might be unlocked, but if it's branded by some network operator, then update is depending on that specific network operator. I also bought one in Romania, it was an unlocked, but a Vodafone Australia branded one. Yesterday I received my GDR3 ;) So please ask your friend to get more specific information from HTC and if he has a branded device, he should look out for response from the network operator who branded the device. Good luck.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I totally forgot to mention to him that his phone might be branded. Also, the Dev Preview isn't available to him since you need GDR2 for that.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
He wasn't quite talkative these days. But he said things seemed more snappy. He didn't seem to have any more issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett