Yesterday I updated my phone to Lumia black but I'm facing weird problem.
    I'll explain what I did and what happened.

1. My 520 was running on Amber properly.
    2. I had loads of software and clutter so I did a normal reset through phone settings.
    3. Then after restart I performed Black update.

Problems is, it's almost like the phone didn't ever have the Amber update. Amber features are missing.

1. Display+Touch isn't separated. There's no Double tap to wake, no Lumia color profile.
    2. Camera quality gotten worse, which was improved a lot by Amber update before.

Otherwise the phone is definitely running the black update. I can see the close buttons in multitasking menu.

Please help, I'm frustrated.
    01-31-2014 12:57 AM
    why not give a try to hard reset.... hope it'll help you.
    01-31-2014 01:10 AM
    Ok I'll try that and post result here
    01-31-2014 01:40 AM
    Dude you need to update all your settings apps like Display, Network+ etc. Download SysApp Pusher from store and update yours system apps. It will solve your problem.
    01-31-2014 01:46 AM
    My OS Ver is- 8.0.10328.78

Updated It 2 Days Back..

Is Dis A Latest Ver?
    Or Elz Any New Update Is Rolled Out for 520?
    01-31-2014 01:47 AM
    Dude you need to update all your settings apps like Display, Network+ etc. Download SysApp Pusher from store and update yours system apps. It will solve your problem.
    Thanks, I think this might work. Well I've already initiated hard reset. After finishing I'll try your solution.
    01-31-2014 01:51 AM
    You need to install all the system updates like extras+info, display, network+, etc. Otherwise, you can verify whether you're running Black or not by checking the firmware rev on the 'about' page.
    01-31-2014 05:26 AM
    First, make sure you have your phone up to date.

After that, download Lumia System Update from the store and manually update everything there. You should get up to snuff in no time.
    01-31-2014 05:38 PM
    So I found the solution. Updating all the system tools with Sysapp Pusher did the trick.
    Let's say you have Lumia Black update, but when you reset your phone, all the system apps go back to the first release.
    I didn't anticipate that so I got confused. Generally System tools are meant to be the core part of your OS. A reset shouldn't have affected those altogether. But seems like that is not true in case of WP, all the system tools are like Apps. So needed updates. Another problem is we can't check the updates like we can do on Android. Even though there are numerous updates available the store app will only show the notifications once in a week or so.a
    02-03-2014 01:14 AM
    You can also use Lumia System Updater. does exactly the same thing as sysapp pusher, and I find this to be so much neater than sysapp pusher, and has a much prettier UI aswel.

Lumia System Updater | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

lumiasystemupdater.png
    02-03-2014 10:55 AM