google mail account sync and storage size problem

tzheng

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I want to receive emails from my gmail account in lumia 1320.
Because there are several emails saved in my gmail.server, these mails plus attachments totally use 5 GBs. However, in Lumia 1320, except system files and apps, only 1.5GBs storage is left.
Can I receive google mails by lumia 1320?
If I delete a mail from lumia 1320, whether will this mail be delete from google server at the same time?

And if I add a 16GB micro SD card in my phone, how can I choose the location where the emails will be saved?

Thanks for all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Let's see if I can help you here.

First, yes you can receive Gmail emails on WP.

Second, you can setup on the email how much email you want to have on your phone. Under the email settings you'll find Sync Settings and then Downloaded email from - you have options for 7 days, 2 weeks, past month or any time.

Third your email only comes in as text and you need to select the attachment to download it. So it won't be 5GB if you decide to download all your email to your phone.

Fourth, the email deleted on the phone only will delete emails on the Gmail server if you set it up in Gmail. I'm not 100% sure if that is correct mind you but the email on my Gmail account is never deleted.

Lastly. Unfortunately at this time only photos and videos are available to be moved to the SD card. This will be changing when we get WP8.1 but I can't tell you what will be allowed on the SD card as no one knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs