lumia 925 screen cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj Soni

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just 2 days ago my Lumia 925 phone slipped from my hand and the screen cracked. I am from India and the nokia care guy told me that touch panel and glass will be changed and it would cost me around 12000 rs. Although touch is working fine and only glass is cracked. I can't afford so much money now. If someone have any idea to get this fixed in low cost then please let me know. Thanks.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Also to note that it's so expensive, since the outer glass, and the digitizer are molded into a single piece. You can't just replace the outer glass without replacing the more expensive (and in your case, still functional) digitizer panel.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Happened to me too unfortunately. The Lumia 925 is a WEAK phone so don't drop it! Luckily, my insurance covered this one for me but Nokia warranty doesn't (which is a shame in my opinion). Repairing yourself isn't going to be a very good idea because it costs you around €180 to buy the glass itself on ebay. I don't know how bad your phone looks but I'd guess it isn't worth the money to repair it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
a minor pet peeve of mine is how some people make blanket statements about a phone from just one data point.
Someone's 928 was defective, they all are bad!
925 broke from a drop? Its a WEAK phone!
920 survived a car? Its the STRONGEST phone!
920 breaks from a drop?
How could Nokia cheat us!

It all varies so much you can't really do that. Well its true you shouldn't go around dropping things either way. That's a good policy.

Warranty by standard doesn't cover drops. it wasnt a manufacturing defect so they aren't obligated to cover it. it'd be nice, but probably not going to happen.

Not trying to say Nokia can go screw everyone, just my two cents.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me too unfortunately. The Lumia 925 is a WEAK phone so don't drop it! Luckily, my insurance covered this one for me but Nokia warranty doesn't (which is a shame in my opinion). Repairing yourself isn't going to be a very good idea because it costs you around €180 to buy the glass itself on ebay. I don't know how bad your phone looks but I'd guess it isn't worth the money to repair it.

Why would Nokia cover your broken phone because you broke it?

If you crashed your car would the car manufacturer pay for it? I don't think so.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I would have to disagree on that. I am a long time Nokia user and the Lumia 925 is by far the weakest phone i owned. Nokia phones always have been stronger than other models, but with the latest smartphone lines that's history. A lot of people (like you do) actually believe it's their own fault if a phone breaks and don't ask the question "why did the manufacturer sell me such a weak device that it can't resist normal drop distances (1-2 metres)"?

Remember, you have bought something that should be able to resist daily usage like falling from a couch or a table sometimes. But that's my opinion and unfortunately a lot of people disagree with me on this one and actually support smartphone manufacturers to keep building weaker and weaker devices...

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how bad the screen cracks are? I would not have repaired mine if my insurance didn't cover it, because it was just one (large) scratch. I think you've got to make a decision for yourself; do I find the crack too annoying or could I live with it for a while? I personally would not repair it and just wait for a few months untill you can buy a new Lumia 925 for the price of a screen repairment.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
You are right. Although cracks are annoying and i can't live normally if something happens to my mobile. But i will wait and go for new mobile.

AJ M

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
i have a cracked screen as well and I am going to attempt to replace the glass. I ordered the glass and adhesive off of amazon. the phone is only 3 weeks old and i figured it is worth the $35 to at least attempt the repair. I have not been able to find any one who has successfully replaced the glass. I am hoping someone here has and can offer some words of encouragement.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
So i have replaced my cracked screen. And now i am disappointed with the colors. Its not clear black. Its little purple. What should i do now?

AJ M

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
What adhesive did you use? where did you get the glass? Did you remove the lcd assembly from the housing?

keller1186

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi AJ M,
Have you been able to replace the glass, successfully?
Is the phone working normally after that?
I broke my glass too, I need your suggestion before attempting the repair.

Thanks

AJ M

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi AJ M,
Have you been able to replace the glass, successfully?
Is the phone working normally after that?
I broke my glass too, I need your suggestion before attempting the repair.

Thanks
I tried to replace the glass on Friday night. The LCD and digitizer are both very fragile and cracked. I would suggest you replace the entire glass/LCD. It is not extremely hard but not cheap. You will need to get the double sided adhesive that goes around the frame. Here is the assembly. I ended up buying a new nokia 925 from neweggglash.com for 249.99. Not sure if the deal is still valid.
Nokia Lumia 925 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo