lumia 925 screen cracked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JethroNg

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, may I know if your applications for example whatsapp, contact list, photos etc.. are affected or lose any data? As my LCD screen is having some bleeding issues and will be sending it for warranty soon. I have alot of information I need and wish to keep on my phone. Thanks in advance!

radddogg

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
For future searchers, here is the video link from the auction which is for another phone but the eBay seller (not the video maker) says is the same procedure for the 925:

Try this at your peril! The Lumia 925 glass also has a flexible circuit board attached. Of you follow this guide you will either crack the lcd or damage the fragile PCB.

Instead the whole assembly would be removed first so you can see what you are separating

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The 925 isn't as fragile as some of the people are suggesting here. Mine's dropped on tiled floors about 4-5 times (IT'S SLIPPERY!) with no case or even a screen protector. Besides a small dent in one corner I don't see any other damage. It lives true to the Nokia name. Of course it'll be slightly more delicate than the brick that is the 920. But I challenge you to find another phone with similar materials and good looks that holds up to half the abuse the 925 can. ;)

torleka

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
hi i'm new here, but i try this and it works! my glass was totally shattered so i buy just the glass and try this with a friend. she have much more patience than i do so she do all the hard job taken out the little pieces of glass. then part of the glue stick to the digitizer i just use my finger to remove it because we try with alcohol and vinager and don't work, so just the point of my finger very carefully. be sure do you take out all the little pieces of glass for you own safety! we have a problem when put the new glass because one little miserable son of bi.... piece of glass remain just below the home button in the edge and when i put the new glass this broke because the pressure i put to glue back on. well i think i just buy i new one and because this have only glue in the edge is very easy to remove.
so i hope this help. and sorry for bad English,

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have dropped my 925 on concrete, tiles, stones, bricks, in sand and used it in the rain. On wooden floors and footpaths countless times with nothing more than a few small dings. This Nokia truly is a beast of a phone!!

Last edited:

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have dropped my 925 on concrete, tiles, stones, bricks, in sand and used it in the rain. On wooden floors and footpaths countless times with nothing more than a few small dings. This Nokia truly is a beast of a phone!!

An absolutely amazing confession! I've owned PCS devices for 15 years. I've never dropped one. Ever. Not on a floor, not into a toilet. Perhaps the word "careless" is appropriate. I will admit to a one time "almost." I was mowing the back yard and I fell into the bayou. (Water.) I did not have my phone on myself, that was just unplanned happenstance. But I assure you that I've NEVER had my phone on my body since. A lesson learned.

I agree that Nokia phones have been the best built of several other brands I've owned. Nevertheless, foresight can be far more valuable than construction quality.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Would you recommend this seller? Do you know if this is an original replacement part?
An horizontal line of about 1 cm across the screen stopped responding so I'm going to attempt to fix it on my own.

Appreciate your answer.

Greetings.

Yes, I would recommend them. I have bought probably about 20 LCD or digitizers from them so far. If it is faulty they end up replacing it pretty fast as well. You need to contact them through eBay and get a prepaid shipping label for a return so that you don't pay that out of pocket.

Andrew Brown8

Banned
Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
your best bet is to go on ebay find a phone that is locked or black listed and selling cheap and swap out the mother board into it. Alot cheaper if not the same as buying a new screen and doing it yourself and or paying someone to install the new screen ..and you will at least have other parts to fall back on and a shell :)

Feroci0us

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Odd. I dropped my phone on the pavement few months ago and you I got the sudden fear that the screen is now broken but when I picked it up was fine, even joked to my brother that its nokia, it doesnt break. But I guess I was just very lucky.

sasikumar ganesan

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
my phone also cracked the display. i changed the display for 12.5k recently. now my board has gone. Can some body help me to fix. i don't waste my display. its a original display from nokia. could you please help me if u have broken display mobile ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte