Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Me also interested as my wifi is not working :(
Hv read that update is ~ 150 MB

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I want to know why cant I download the black update over my mobile network....i think there is an option for it but whenever I try for it it say u need wifi for downloding ..aanyone help....

Sorry for any mistake i am a newbie to wp so plz help.....

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
By default WP doesn't allow downloads over 50 MB through mobile network. Which was later increased to 100 MB. This is done so as to keep a check because mobile data is comparatively expensive(much more in the US than here in India for ex).

In any case NSU can be used to download the firmware on your PC and update your phone. Please do keep in mind of the following things:
- If you download the firmware, the entire OS will be downloaded instead of just the update(only update is downloaded in OTA updates). The size will be upwards of 1.3 GB.
- You will lose all data if you update by connecting to PC. App lists, contacts, messages can be backed up. But you will lose all app data including game progresses. Xbox Achievements will be retained.

You can download NSU by clicking here.

princeaamir

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
the problem is i cant share my notebooks wifi hence i know very well how to do it,
2ndly NSU dont have black on there server yet they giving amber still lol , i can even download it if its 2 gb bcoz my net speed on pc is 5mb per sec so its a piece of cake
do u know what is size of lumia black if i update it from mobile i dont think its 150 mb bcoz for installing need 850 mb and compressing 850 mb into 150 mb as he said i am not sure?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The size is 169 MB. Atleast I downloaded that much on my 720. I guess you got the idea of OTA wrong. In OTA only the required update files are downloaded. The update however needs some minimum space because it needs to migrate data after updating the device.

FYI it is possible to share the wifi in your notebook. Its a small trick, but it works like a charm.

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
the problem is i cant share my notebooks wifi hence i know very well how to do it,
2ndly NSU dont have black on there server yet they giving amber still lol , i can even download it if its 2 gb bcoz my net speed on pc is 5mb per sec so its a piece of cake
do u know what is size of lumia black if i update it from mobile i dont think its 150 mb bcoz for installing need 850 mb and compressing 850 mb into 150 mb as he said i am not sure?

Use this: Connectify - Turn your PC into a Wi-Fi Hotspot and Get Faster Internet

princeaamir

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
FYI it is possible to share the wifi in your notebook. Its a small trick, but it works like a charm.

i know i can share wifi but the problem is am at hostel and here they but web filter on there server so some how i manage to bypass it on notebook by some proxies
but proxy on windows phone i dont think atm if its possible...

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
how can we get the app list??
By default WP doesn't allow downloads over 50 MB through mobile network. Which was later increased to 100 MB. This is done so as to keep a check because mobile data is comparatively expensive(much more in the US than here in India for ex).

In any case NSU can be used to download the firmware on your PC and update your phone. Please do keep in mind of the following things:
- If you download the firmware, the entire OS will be downloaded instead of just the update(only update is downloaded in OTA updates). The size will be upwards of 1.3 GB.
- You will lose all data if you update by connecting to PC. App lists, contacts, messages can be backed up. But you will lose all app data including game progresses. Xbox Achievements will be retained.

You can download NSU by clicking here.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
how can we get the app list??

App list which is backed up in the cloud cannot be accessed. It contains a list of apps installed and the settings including tile colour etc. The one shown in screenshot is the list of apps purchased/installed from beginning.

After resetting the phone, you are given the option to restore by signing into a microsoft account. After doing so you are presented with the backup list which you can choose to restore or start afresh. If you have multiple windows phones, you can have multiple backup of app and settings list.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
that I know, I thought there may be list of current installed app on phone instead of all apps installed ever
App list which is backed up in the cloud cannot be accessed. It contains a list of apps installed and the settings including tile colour etc. The one shown in screenshot is the list of apps purchased/installed from beginning.

After resetting the phone, you are given the option to restore by signing into a microsoft account. After doing so you are presented with the backup list which you can choose to restore or start afresh. If you have multiple windows phones, you can have multiple backup of app and settings list.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
that I know, I thought there may be list of current installed apps on phone instead of all apps installed ever

No, that's why I take screen shots (14 of them) of the app list currently on my before an update, then save to SkyDrive/
the Purchase history list is too long to go through and I always forget some if I (when I did) rely on that list.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
that I know, I thought there may be list of current installed app on phone instead of all apps installed ever

You didn't quite understand what I said. When you back up your app list, the apps installed in the phone during the backup is listed in the app list. And not all the apps that you may have installed or purchased. You however, cannot see that list. Its stored in the cloud. Is only once you've reset your device that you will be given to option to restore the backup app list after you've signed in to your Microsoft Account.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
suppose I factory reset my Lumia 720, then after sign-in , I restore backup, then how will I get the backup list
You didn't quite understand what I said. When you back up your app list, the apps installed in the phone during the backup is listed in the app list. And not all the apps that you may have installed or purchased. You however, cannot see that list. Its stored in the cloud. Is only once you've reset your device that you will be given to option to restore the backup app list after you've signed in to your Microsoft Account.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
All of my installed apps were re-downloaded and re-installed automatically after flashing the France CV 3056 ROM once I restored from the back up I made prior to flashing.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You will be presented with a screen where you can select if you want to restore the back up or start afresh. If you select the backup, then all the apps that were installed on the phone when the backup was taken will be downloaded automatically.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
have you done this, More if you done this how app will start installing i.e. after update or what or I have to open store or what. can you more devote time to elaborate this.
as I don't know about this, moreover I start almost fresh whenever I factory reset, as only 1 time from backup as I factory reset around 6-7 times, in that one backup I don't get it as I remembered but still in future whenever I will try factory reset I will see.
Thanks anyway for giving this information
You will be presented with a screen where you can select if you want to restore the back up or start afresh. If you select the backup, then all the apps that were installed on the phone when the backup was taken will be downloaded automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett