Can I undo an update on Lumia 520?

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to undo a phone update on my Lumia 520?

Like say if I updated my phone to Amber or Black and then later want to revert back to an earlier version, would I be able to do this by doing a hard reset on the phone? Or is the update permanent and there's no way to restore the phone to an earlier version?

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That was another good thing about the Zune software, you could do exactly what you are asking at a cost of clicking 1 button. Now i think your only option is a download a rom from somewhere.

Can i ask the reason why you want to do this anyways? As we may be able to help you with a problem you may be having?

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Like say if I updated my phone to Amber or Black and then later want to revert back to an earlier version, would I be able to do this by doing a hard reset on the phone? Or is the update permanent and there's no way to restore the phone to an earlier version?

I've gone from GDr3 dev preview back to Amber .78 by using Nokia Care suite.

Sajjadur Shourav

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 520 took update 3 times. but heres no update showing...even i cant use any kind of updated softwares. but my phn is showing updated. updated released in my country. what can i do now?plz help me

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Impossible..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720