02-08-2014 02:52 AM
116 ... 2345
tools
    Off topic....and now I wanna return my 1320 and buy 1520...its better looking and has 2 gb RAM and the fastest processor and best battery back up...and a very good camera.....and I will get the updates first..btw 1320 doesn't feel bulky or heavy....it looks just beautiful and slim for a 6 inch phone...
    02-03-2014 02:00 PM
    Yeah I really think you should go for the Lumia 1320 its in theory the most future proof Lumia it has 1gb of ram so all apps are there with a monstrous battery and a great canvas for games and media, no way the 720 is a better option ( had it and just sold it today I needed the cash)
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    02-03-2014 04:51 PM
    Off topic....and now I wanna return my 1320 and buy 1520...its better looking and has 2 gb RAM and the fastest processor and best battery back up...and a very good camera.....and I will get the updates first..btw 1320 doesn't feel bulky or heavy....it looks just beautiful and slim for a 6 inch phone...
    You should wait for new windows phone

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    akshaypn likes this.
    02-03-2014 09:14 PM
    If you're into photography 720 is a better option. I haven't used my dslr since I bought my 720.
    02-03-2014 09:20 PM
    If i may.
    The best Phone is the one who sooth the needs of the user, any thing more is just a waste of money.
    If the user is not in for ( heavy ) gaming, why then the 1 or 2 gb of ram?
    If the user is not in to photo's why then a 20 or a 40 mp cam?
    If the user content with a 4" inch screen then why a 6".

He asked for a future proof handy, wel the truth is that al lumia's gets update til 8.1, the rest is based on rumors and speculation and cant be stated by anyone.
    Two years of udates, not excactly because there are two kinds of updates, the ones from Nokia and the ones from MS.
    As soon if MS going to push the Wp 9x its endex for the updates from Microsoft unles your Phone suports it ( and that has not necessarily to do with ram ).
    Nokia on the otherhand wil keep on updating until Microsoft decides otherwise ( there the same compagnie ).

Resumé, the 720 has the same chance as any other Phone because no one can tel what the future brings.
    And what if MS or Nokia pulles the plug, nothing happends, only your phone stays the way it is,
    and makes that a bad choiche, no not really because you buy a phone as it is and not what it may become.
    The software or apps will keep on comming in the store and continuing updating them selves ( if the developers chooses to do so ).
    And believe me, only a few developers create apps who uses a lot of ram, because the moneymaking market is stil below the 1gb of ram.
    It's Always a gamble, but if you are happy with a 720 then go for it.

An old Greek fylosofer once said ( i believe it was Socrates ) "There is alway's a better phone".
    02-03-2014 09:23 PM
    I'd be worried about the ram more than anything.
    akshaypn likes this.
    02-03-2014 10:03 PM
    I'd be worried about the ram more than anything.
    As long if the driving force of MS is that it can be running on lowspecs phones i would not be worried.
    Most people compare it to the specsrace like the Droid phones.
    Hell some phones have better specs then my laptop.
    But MS is building his oses lighter so it can be runned on lower spec phones
    and more and more people are choosing for the cheaper models.
    Its al about making money and its better to sell 15 cheap phones than 1 highend ( look at Samsung )
    The ram is going to be an isue but not before 9x is seeing it's first daylight or 9x his first update.
    But your guess is as good as mine.
    02-03-2014 10:43 PM
    Its not actually all about games and apps availability and the updates...RAM effects the core functions of the phones...and higher the amount of it results in better performance ...better speed...better multitasking...lesser app crashing...and one should note the direction Nokia took with 525...I think that indicates the things that are coming...
    anon(7900571) and cckgz4 like this.
    02-04-2014 12:06 AM
    Its not actually all about games and apps availability and the updates...RAM effects the core functions of the phones...and higher the amount of it results in better performance ...better speed...better multitasking...lesser app crashing...and one should note the direction Nokia took with 525...I think that indicates the things that are coming...
    True. Ram helps in multitasking. And if a display 720p or above it requires 1gb or more ram. Nokia will not make any 512mb ram devices. You can clearly see a rapid change. Lumia 525 and 1320 are great examples and more to come. And many features of windows 8.1 will be exclusive to 1gb ram devices. Some great heavy graphic games always require ram to render graphic engine.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    cckgz4 likes this.
    02-04-2014 12:16 AM
    Agreed. The general trend moving forward is more 1 GB devices. But this is also because its quite difficult to optimise apps for 512 MB RAM devices. Subway surfers and Temple Run 2 are good examples. With more 1GB devices in the market, there will be less dev effort in making newer, better apps. For any company making apps, less dev effort= more apps.
    02-04-2014 12:45 AM
    Certainly agree with u. Am not a hardcore gamer nor a photographer. Basic games can be played in L720 and camera quality is same as 8mp camera. It basically does the job. Its good phone not great though,,, I am using L720. I'll switch to another phone when WP9 lumia phones are released.
    02-04-2014 01:12 AM
    You all looking at yourself what you need.
    But that was not the question, he asked "is it wise to buy a 720 ( for his needs )".
    If the O.p is not in for gaming, he doesnt need that amount of ram.
    The trend is as it is, faster, bigger = better.......
    But you don't need a Ferrari if you never drive faster then 80

If i would make a choise for myself i would say go for a 6".
    i just want is a sliderphone with a real keyboard, 6" clearblack screen, blackcoated, waterproof alluminum body with the camera of the 1020 optic zoom, and with enougt ram and cpu that it can handles raw pictures like a "normal"camera, with a internal storage of 64 or 128 Gb completed with a Gps and with infrared capabilitys.
    But that's not going to happend any day soon, so i have to settle for les.
    raj-lotus likes this.
    02-04-2014 08:00 AM
    As long if the driving force of MS is that it can be running on lowspecs phones i would not be worried.
    Most people compare it to the specsrace like the Droid phones.
    Hell some phones have better specs then my laptop.
    But MS is building his oses lighter so it can be runned on lower spec phones
    and more and more people are choosing for the cheaper models.
    Its al about making money and its better to sell 15 cheap phones than 1 highend ( look at Samsung )
    The ram is going to be an isue but not before 9x is seeing it's first daylight or 9x his first update.
    But your guess is as good as mine.
    As a person who owns a phone with 512 Mb for ram, theres a need for caution. The phone slows up TREMENDOUSLY over time, and a simple forum with a lot of pictures causes the browser to crash. So yeah, not talking about support but long term use
    02-04-2014 03:40 PM
    As a person who owns a phone with 512 Mb for ram, theres a need for caution. The phone slows up TREMENDOUSLY over time, and a simple forum with a lot of pictures causes the browser to crash. So yeah, not talking about support but long term use
    I got myself a little 520 ( aprox 6 a 7 months ) and dont recognize those problems.
    Had only one crash, and that whas my own fault.
    02-04-2014 04:57 PM
    finally after taking advices from all of u good guys , i bought L720 in good price :) ..only 16500
    its camera is so awesome :) yet to experience other things

few problems i m experiencing now is that while installing nokia apps, it got struck in some apps and gives an error : "we cant connect to the store at the moment check your data connection or try again later"

my wifi connection is good i know bcoz its working well in my laptop. also wifi speed sometimes looks normal and sometimes look like its taking ages to download.
    02-06-2014 09:45 PM
    Good choice! Congrats on your new phone!
    If you don't have problems in other apps that uses wifi like browser or mail then it must be the app store server.
    raj-lotus likes this.
    02-06-2014 11:33 PM
    finally after taking advices from all of u good guys , i bought L720 in good price :) ..only 16500
    its camera is so awesome :) yet to experience other things

few problems i m experiencing now is that while installing nokia apps, it got struck in some apps and gives an error : "we cant connect to the store at the moment check your data connection or try again later"

my wifi connection is good i know bcoz its working well in my laptop. also wifi speed sometimes looks normal and sometimes look like its taking ages to download.
    congratulations ! , And welcome to windows phone family xxx
    that may be because the store might be getting update or your Microsoft ID:)
    raj-lotus likes this.
    02-07-2014 12:38 AM
    Nokia and Microsoft need to cater to the budget segment more ... Just have a look around the buzz created by MOTO G which comes at a low price then 720 but has specs higher than that . Only if 720 had 1 gb ram it would have been more awesome experience ... Been using it since december , its my first smartphone so i am just a casual user but still i can feel the slowness caused by "resuming" window before any app starts .. Just hoping nokia would launch a upgrade to 720 which keeps the look , design and feel same but is more speced up ..
    02-07-2014 12:47 AM
    i think so too ..bcoz after a while it automatically starts downloading again.
    anyway can u guys also suggest me some apps or games which are must to have in L720
    personally i want a app which can record calls without any beep sound, is there any?
    also i did the update which my phone suggested me in settings. ita up to date now
    but i dont know what changes it did after update ?
    can u guyz plz tell me that also. is that update called amber or black .. i heard from people
    i dont have much knowledge about that.
    02-07-2014 02:41 AM
    i think so too ..bcoz after a while it automatically starts downloading again.
    anyway can u guys also suggest me some apps or games which are must to have in L720
    personally i want a app which can record calls without any beep sound, is there any?
    also i did the update which my phone suggested me in settings. ita up to date now
    but i dont know what changes it did after update ?
    can u guyz plz tell me that also. is that update called amber or black .. i heard from people
    i dont have much knowledge about that.
    Congrats ....down load sysapp pusher app from the store it ll show you all system updates ...update all those and then explore your settings menu...extra+info section under settings ll show wether your phone is running amber or black...explore other threads for all the features updates and about everything else...enjoy...
    02-07-2014 02:56 AM
    Ahh I'm not bothered. Android come n go like a fart. Except for some almost all get faded away.
    02-07-2014 03:08 AM
    Nokia and Microsoft need to cater to the budget segment more ... Just have a look around the buzz created by MOTO G which comes at a low price then 720 but has specs higher than that . Only if 720 had 1 gb ram it would have been more awesome experience ... Been using it since december , its my first smartphone so i am just a casual user but still i can feel the slowness caused by "resuming" window before any app starts .. Just hoping nokia would launch a upgrade to 720 which keeps the look , design and feel same but is more speced up ..
    You can never compare Droid with WP hardware,
    there completely different.

And @ Raj-Lotus
    Congrats
    raj-lotus likes this.
    02-07-2014 05:50 AM
    while using my phone , i come up with a problem that i know have only 500 mb space left in my phone
    i installed no game at all, other then few smaller ones.
    is there any way to know what application talking how much space? so that i can uninstalled it.
    02-07-2014 07:25 AM
    while using my phone , i come up with a problem that i know have only 500 mb space left in my phone
    is there any way to know what application talking how much space? so that i can uninstalled it.
    here are some apps and games you might like :- App Folder
    Bing finance
    bing news
    bing sport
    bing weather
    bookmyshow
    dictionary.com
    fresh paint
    6tag
    metrotube
    nokia cinemagraph
    nokia creative studio
    nokia glame me
    nokia mixradio
    nokia panorama
    play to
    nokia video trimmer
    nokia video upload
    omegle
    PDF reader
    photobeamer
    picsart
    ringtone maker
    runtastic
    shazam
    skydrive
    sysapp pusher
    teamviewer
    transfer my data
    translator
    truecaller
    twitter
    unit converter
    voice recorder pro+
    whatsapp
    Wikipedia
    world clock
    zomato

games :-
    xbox :- alphajax
    amamzing alex
    all angry birds(6)
    breeze
    cut the rope
    cut the rope exp
    flowerz
    gravity guy
    istunt 2
    jetpack joyride
    Microsoft mahajong
    Microsoft minesweeper
    Microsoft solitaire collection
    monster island
    shuffle party
    Sudoku
    tetris blitz
    wordament

other games :- angry gran run
    benji bananas
    blocked in free
    chicken story 2
    CJ: strike back
    Dark lands
    dhoom:3 the game
    doors
    dots connecting
    dredd vs. zombies
    flappy bird(unofficial)
    flow free
    hangman
    hill climb racing
    minion rush
    monster university
    my talking tom
    ragdoll run
    rail rush
    second chance
    sketch match
    sky cups
    space heads
    temple run
    toy story:smash it !
    where's my water ?(full series)
    wreck-it ralph( I guess this now demand 1 gb or more ram)
    Zulu star
    and best game asphalt 8
    (2 games are missing in the list :- temple run 2 and subway surfers since these are not yet ported for 512 mb devices )
    also note I have a lumia 920 , I have all these apps installed on my phone (out of 32 GB I still have 17-18 GB left )

after the black update you will get glance 2.0 ; double tap to unlock phone , nokia camera beta and nokia storyteller app
    try sysapp pusher to update your system settings apps to get all the benefits of Lumia black update , did you noticed now you can close application in multitasking windows(by long pressing the back button ) , you will be greeted with set of cards(open applications) , now you can just click on 'X' button on top right of each card to close the app.to check if you have black update or not :- go to settings:- extras+info , it should be Lumia black(in crimson colour) , or go to about -> more information
    os version should be 8.0.10521.155
    firmware version : - 3051.40000.1349.0009( this may be slightly different due to model differences )
    INDIAN720 likes this.
    02-07-2014 08:23 AM
    go to storage check in the settings menu...there you ll find about how much space each app is occupying .....
    02-07-2014 08:33 AM
116 ... 2345