Is it wise enough to buy nokia lumia 720 right now?

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
its not brother :( ...... my friend also bought same phone 10 days back .... and she have amber in it therefore the function to see space of all apps is there in her phone .
her phone price was 18899. n mine is 16500....
so am i missing something bcoz of less money????????????

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to phone updates under the "settings" menu...push check for software updates....you ll receive all the latest updates....

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
can this be a case .. that shopkeeper gave me old lumia 720 ...which cant be update to amber .. or something like that?

Post a screenshot of extras + info and about phone by pressing windows button and lock button at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Not possible...what is your extra+info section under settings saying???if possible upload some screenshots of your extra+info section...if it shows Lumia Black then your phone is up to date...

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Dat is mooi k#t.

Your problem is the so called "other storage", it's a common problem under the pre Amber.
And it has nothing to do with the price of your phony, they are all the same.

Ok? here's what you can do.
For the storage, install the Beta version of ................................Lumia Storage Check beta.
Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps & games Store (Nederland)

With that proggy you can also install the HereMaps on your Sd card.

And use Lumia System Updater for the updates.
After you pushed and installed all of the updates ( manualy ) then go to Settings/phoneupdates and check again.

Also you can register your Phone as a developerphone and force Gdr 3.
There fore you need the app "Preview for Developers".
And you have to register at ...............
Ahwell you can better read it yourself than i can explain it ;-)

Get a developer license (Windows Store apps) (Windows)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Dat is mooi k#t.

Your problem is the so called "other storage", it's a common problem under the pre Amber.
And it has nothing to do with the price of your phony, they are all the same.

Ok? here's what you can do.
For the storage, install the Beta version of ................................Lumia Storage Check beta.
Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps & games Store (Nederland)

With that proggy you can also install the HereMaps on your Sd card.

luckily his phone is running gdr3+black out of the box :)
And use Lumia System Updater for the updates.
After you pushed and installed all of the updates ( manualy ) then go to Settings/phoneupdates and check again.

Also you can register your Phone as a developerphone and force Gdr 3.
There fore you need the app "Preview for Developers".
And you have to register at ...............
Ahwell you can better read it yourself than i can explain it ;-)

Get a developer license (Windows Store apps) (Windows)

his phone is running gdr3+black firmware out of the box , the reason it wasn't showing black since extras+info and other system apps were not updated.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
As i sead
"And use Lumia System Updater for the updates.
After you pushed and installed all of the updates.........."

Remember, you can get this same "problem" again if you ever deside to do a factoryreset.

INDIAN720

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
You can never compare Droid with WP hardware,
there completely different.

And @ Raj-Lotus
Congrats

you cant compare 2 different OS i agree but guess budget minded people are ready to explore if provided good value for money . In India there arent much good option below 15000 so nokia/windows should have tried to put some extra effort and atleast remove such glaring shortcomings like 512 mb ...

INDIAN720

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ahh I'm not bothered. Android come n go like a fart. Except for some almost all get faded away.

Just read the reviews for moto g ...you wont say things like this ... besides 720 aint any bond either .. people in our land go for value for money and in that equation it is far ahead of some of our windows gems

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
you cant compare 2 different OS i agree but guess budget minded people are ready to explore if provided good value for money . In India there arent much good option below 15000 so nokia/windows should have tried to put some extra effort and atleast remove such glaring shortcomings like 512 mb ...

Wel trust me, overhere is the money also expensive.
We do not al drive in bmw and mercedeses overhere, so yea we also trying to find the best money can buy or what you can spare.
I like to have a trustworthy phone, its just a phone....a tool nothing more.
If you look around in my country for cheap and good phones, you wil find non.
I paid for my 520, 120 euro, and the truth is, you cant find a better phone for that.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Just read the reviews for moto g ...you wont say things like this ... besides 720 aint any bond either .. people in our land go for value for money and in that equation it is far ahead of some of our windows gems

Like I said except for some models most of them fade away. Its my opinion. I don't really care about Android. I at any given point did not say Android was bad. Just that I don't care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6