Phone charging for 6 hours only got to 60%

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think either my battery is dead or my charger sucks. My phone takes too long to charge its battery I think. I also have a white spot on the screen in white backgrounds, the screen is messed up. Anyone else having these problems?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Try changing charging port.
Regarding white spot, i too have on middle of my screen. Its dead pixel. Its not bad for health but you can get it fix from Nokia Service Center.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Try changing the cable, as some,cables are bad and have high resistance values, or maybe too long, I had a cable that was 3m, couldn't charge my phone more than 50%

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Try changing the cable, as some,cables are bad and have high resistance values, or maybe too long, I had a cable that was 3m, couldn't charge my phone more than 50%

so I tried a different charger and cable, and I have the same problem, seems like I will have to go Nokia and ask for a replacement, argh.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a hard reset and see if that sorts out the charging. Mine had an issue where the battery was draining very quickly and got warm. A hard reset sorted it out for me.

Worth a shot and you don't have much to lose if you're thinking of sending it back for repair. Make sure you sort out the backup options before you do that though, easy to forget.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above posts re: cable. I was using an old Samsung chager/cable in one room that I had because the cable was a bit longer, and it seemed to take all day to get a full charge. I switched to the stock cable, which was noticeably thicker, and it charged fully in less than 2 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon