Volume control and sound issues post Black update for AT&T 920

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this problem.
I would just reflash, as the fix ain't gonna come quick. You never know though, my fix might be short lived. Until this is featured on the front page, nothing will get done.
Also

THIS is the reason idon't do IAP in games, as you lose everything

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This is now happening on my EE branded Lumia 920 in the UK. Very annoying, as i have to reboot, which subsequently causes my live tiles to stop working. Nokia, sort it out!!

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sound just stopped working again!!! I don't believe it. There's something seriously wrong with black..
Lets share details to get to the bottom if it..
UK
EE
LUMIA920
Used developer rollout.
Done a total reflash

My wife has the 820 and has no problems..

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I thought it was just the IHeartRadio app, but apparently it's a firmware issue. Sometimes it fixes itself, without turning the phone off. I often just need to exit the app and restart it. Doesn't make any sense- especially because you can see the "volume level" numbers drop all the way to 0.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
no problem for me.
although I notice that I'm no longer getting update notification in the Store. just did a soft-reset. fingers crossed.

industry86

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Been dealing with this issue since the Black update as well. in my testing of my Lumia 920, I've found the volume to work just fine for apps like games. Volume goes up and down as I see fit. HOWEVER, when it comes to music, podcasts, anything to deal with audio playback (Spotify, XBox Music, Bringcast), the music track or podcast will be stuck at whatever the volume is set at when it begins. It will not change. pausing and continuing a track will not adjust it. restarting the track/podcast AFTER changing the volume will have it at the new volume level but again, cannot be adjusted. doesn't need a reboot or restarting of the app to get the volume level to readjust to the new level.

for those still paying attention to this thread, see if the same happens to you. it would be interesting to know if this particular situation occurs across the board or if my resolutions are specific to my phone only.
thanks

EDIT: I thought I tried this but did it again anyways: rebooted my Lumia 920 and now the volume controls work on music and podcasts. Let's see how long this lasts...

Last edited:

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you all please post your carriers, so we can work out if its region related etc. Also if you used developer .. Cheers

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The phone does seem to be behaving a lot better than it was, but i have just had a new symptom. I heard it ringing twice then it went off, i looked at it and it was still ringing just no sound. I left it for 2 minutes and opened and closed it just to hear the audible click. The click was there so ut had reset itself... Si no reboot needed. Its just getting hard to trust the device at the moment.

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Ever Since the Black Update on my 920 (white) ATT, I can barely here anyone on the other side of the phone call. It is really low and very frustrating. Why did the Black update mess with the volume for phone calls. My phone is almost unusable for phone calls which is the primary purpose of a cell phone. I have rebooted many times and it doesn't fix it. I will try the headphone issue when I get to work and see if changing those settings work as right now it is set to "loudness" preset from before I performed the update.

I really hope they fix this.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Im going to find the amber rom and download it. Black has rendered this phone useless. GDR3 developer edition worked fine. Totally gutted this ever got through testing.

Sai Prashanth k

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 720.After my black update,the volume when "headphones attached" decreased...previously the volume i had at 14 is now at 20.Somebody please enlighten me!!

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Downloading AMBER and downgrading..
At least then hopefully I will be able to use my phone..
Just another night of UPdating... Great :(

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well.. Back to Amber..
Another ballache is, it didn't reinstall my apps (is this because I am downgrading??)..
So... I needed a good prune anyway..
I'll let you know if the volume problem goes away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720