Volume control and sound issues post Black update for AT&T 920

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems when it comes to the volume on Lumia Black for AT&T 920? Ever since I updated a few days ago, the volume will randomly get stuck and regardless if it is at 30/30 or 0/30, the volume sound doesn't change. If I pause the music and then restart it, there will be no sound regardless of what volume it is at. This causes me to have to restart my phone several times everyday. Anyone else with this problem or have suggestions?

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. A reboot solves it for a little while. When the problem happens I can't hear the phone ringing either. Also, the most frustrating part is if known call someone I cannot hear anything at all. No ringtone and definitely not talking. The other end can hear me. It's definitely. A software fault. I'm trying to work out if it's an application I installed or upgraded since the black update...
Does anyone else have problems when it comes to the volume on Lumia Black for AT&T 920? Ever since I updated a few days ago, the volume will randomly get stuck and regardless if it is at 30/30 or 0/30, the volume sound doesn't change. If I pause the music and then restart it, there will be no sound regardless of what volume it is at. This causes me to have to restart my phone several times everyday. Anyone else with this problem or have suggestions?

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
That's strange. This never happened to me with the Amber/GDR2 update. Hopefully it'll become known to Nokia/Microsoft and it will be fixed soon.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Greyed out for me.. Do you have to stick headphones in for this to work? Good thing I'd set a backup alarm this morning as no sound was coming out of my 920 even though the alarm was going off in screen..
Hope there's a fix soon.

Any chance WPCENTRAL can feature this is a news frontpage item to see how many people ut is affecting??? Please

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Greyed out for me.. Do you have to stick headphones in for this to work? Good thing I'd set a backup alarm this morning as no sound was coming out of my 920 even though the alarm was going off in screen..
Hope there's a fix soon.

Any chance WPCENTRAL can feature this is a news frontpage item to see how many people ut is affecting??? Please

I've had the volume bug issue with or without headphones in.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Getting really annoying having to reboot phone every hours. Another thing i noticed is that it reboots and sets the volume at 12..

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hope there's a fix soon.

plug in headphone and change it. Turn off Flip to Silence also, then reboot. See if that helps.

Jonah Travisano

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was the only one having this problem . I had it before the black update and since then it hasn't happened . I would just turn the phone off and on and that would fix the problem for the day . A good phone ,but not perfect.

bowlinballs95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was the only one having this problem . I had it before the black update and since then it hasn't happened . I would just turn the phone off and on and that would fix the problem for the day . A good phone ,but not perfect.

It's not the phones problem, its the software. I wonder if users of the 820 for AT&T are having this same issue since it is running the same firmware. Something this minor shouldn't be happening.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well i have to restart the phone three times today already... I am in uk on EE. Can we get this on the front page please??

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to have to do the full refresh of the phone !again! And then restore everything which takes ages and is a ball ache. Especially as the update i have downloaded is about 4 behind.. Does anyone have this latest rom available to download??

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I used NSU and totally reset the phone..
Reinstalling everything now.
What a pain.. Lost all games saves etc ..

Oh well.. It's only the third time I've done it :(

HAD to be done though, as phone was effectively useless.. Well.. It still might be.. Sound is still working at the moment but it's still installing. Will keep you updated.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb