Is this case for wireless charging?

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
BRQOntw.jpg

Can anyone tell me if I can charge my Lumia 820 with QI wireless chargers with that case? If not, can anyone tell why do I have that long "pillow" in the middle of my case, and why do I have those 2 connectors on the top of the case?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, as I've never handled an 820 + cover but my wager is that those contacts are either antennae or NFC since Qi would probably be bigger and have a coil in the middle, not only the top. (So my educated guess is no.)

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Tnx. But it would be better for the first move for me to buy QI charger with 7000 mAh that can also charge with micro USB cable. Since I can then charge my phone wherever am I. But to be honest, I don't know now should I buy a case for QI charging or not.

Also do you maybe know what is that black long "pillow" in the middle?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do what works then, if you get Qi capable hardware, get the corresponding cover if you feel the awesomeness and convenience make it worth it for you. (I found a white cover on amazon for $16 USD) For me, its the best thing since batteries (exaggeration) but to the next guy its a gimmick.

That "pillow" is likely a spacer to (at least what I think) make sure the battery doesn't bounce around to much, disconnecting or whatever. My sister's 521 has one to fill the gap between the back cover (curved) and the flat battery. My Treo has a similar one too.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This case is NOT for use with QI wireless chargers. A case for wireless charging will have 4 contacts next to the speaker grill as well as the 2 contacts (above the camera) present in the picture you posted. Also, at least with an official Nokia wireless cover, it would actuall have written "Wireless Charging" on it. As for the long "pillow" in the middle of the cover, I'm not sure what that is for. Here is what a QI wireless charger capable cover looks like:WP_20140203_13_17_37_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss