SoundAlive on ATIV S

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Yesterday I have installed SoundAlive on my ATIV S using SD card and official file from Windows Phone Store. So it is not cracked one version, more - phone approved it as compatible app and I was given a green light to install it :) But, it is not working (maybe because it may be for ATIV S Neo only I think). But the fact it was approved to install from SD card by phone and Store gives me a question - maybe in the future it is planned to introduce it for ATIV S too? Now the main problem left here is the app in the system apps which is not starting and I can't uninstall it anymore :grin:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140202_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140202_0001.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 5

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Laura. The link is HERE Just downloaded app from "Download and install manually", added it to SD Card and installed using Store without problems :) Samsung ATIV S I8750

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
The same happened to me.
I thought it would work on my 8750 but no luck...

The most interesting thing here it was installed as compatible app without any modifications on app or phone :) and now it's stuck in system apps until factory reset I think :D or another update in the future which maybe will make it working here. Or not :)

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
@ylap
Just followed the "link" in your post and the "app" downloaded - no mention of not being unavailable in your region. (UK)

It is interesting. Is there any other ATIV S model in UK available or it is the same I8750? For eg. ATIV S Neo uses a bit different chipset because of LTE but I think it is model for US market and it has SoundAlive, but it can't explain why app is in the UK store if Neo is not for UK market? And it was so easily installed to I8750. I think now we have just to wait to see if this add-on will be fixed to working one or it is just a mistake from Store and Samsung side.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I had to mention more clearly while posting a link "Do not install it because it is useless on I8750 at this moment, it just installs but don't work yet" :)

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It is missing the required drivers from the ATIV S Neo, so it will not work.

Samsung did not impose a limit that's why it will install on your ATIV S.

I was the first one to find the link to the app on XDA but it doesn't work so don't bother trying.

It may work with a future firmware update from Samsung,

lachutm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
To uninstall application change phone date to 2045, then try launch app. It will tell you that application is expired and application will be remowed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss