Trenscend 64GB premium sd issue on Lumia 1520

PT1520

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a video stuttering issue with my Sandisk Ultra card on my Lumia 1520. So based on some of your recommendations in this forum, I decided to get a Transcend Class 10 64GB sd card to replace the Sandisk. After formatting the card and taking some videos and pictures, I was not able to locate them on the SD card inside the phone. If I remove the sd card and stick that into the computer, I have no issue of seeing the pictures/video (in the proper folder structure organized under Windows Phone e.g. Camera roll, etc). Putting that back to the phone, the camera roll just don't seem to show any pictures (it only show pictures if recorded to the phone's flash memory). It is almost as if the Windows phone couldn't 'read' the SD card's folder structure. But it can certainly able to 'write' to it since all of the pictures are there when I connect the sd card to the PC.

Anybody has ever experienced this issue? Any recommendation on how to fix this?

I had already formatted the SD card on the phone multiple times (and removed and reinserted). Turned off the phones and on but I just couldn't get the phone to see the pictures/videos.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Switch location of images/video to phone, make a few photos, then switch location again to SD card and shoot a few photos.

PT1520

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ray for your recommendation. I did that already as well. What is unusual about it is the fact the pictures and videos are taken and recorded on the card! It is just that the Windows OS for some strange reasons classified these files as 'OTHER' in the SD storage. It showed 0 bytes for music+videos and pictures. The SD folders don't seem to reveal themselves properly for this phone.

Sticking the old Sandisk Ultra 64GB card in works like a champ.

At this point, I don't know if it is the new Trenscend card or the phone that is really having an issue. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. The last resort is to do a hard reset on the phone. I will leave that as my last option because I have many email profiles on here and I don't want o reinstall all my apps and reconfigure this thing again.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Ray for your recommendation. I did that already as well. What is unusual about it is the fact the pictures and videos are taken and recorded on the card! It is just that the Windows OS for some strange reasons classified these files as 'OTHER' in the SD storage. It showed 0 bytes for music+videos and pictures. The SD folders don't seem to reveal themselves properly for this phone.

Sticking the old Sandisk Ultra 64GB card in works like a champ.

At this point, I don't know if it is the new Trenscend card or the phone that is really having an issue. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. The last resort is to do a hard reset on the phone. I will leave that as my last option because I have many email profiles on here and I don't want o reinstall all my apps and reconfigure this thing again.

On other forum I ready that formatting your new card to exFAT might help. Try this and please let me know if this helped. I'm also thinking on buying Transcend card

PT1520

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
On other forum I ready that formatting your new card to exFAT might help. Try this and please let me know if this helped. I'm also thinking on buying Transcend card

I had formatted the card to NTFS (just trying to throw in a variable here) on my PC. So when I reinserted it I had to reformat it again in windows phone. That brought me back to square 1 where pictures will be taken on the card but I can't see them on my phone under camera roll/album etc. I will try your suggestion and format the card using exFAT on a PC and see if the phone will take the card without needing to format it again. All I need for my Windows phone to do is to read into the picture folders on the SD card.

I will keep you posted tonight.

PT1520

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
All methods failed to get my Windows phone to see my SD card under camera roll/album (all pictures/videos are thrown into the 'other' category). I tried to use yet another class 4 sd card in my phone but it was behaving the exact same way. So my last course of action was to reset my phone back to factory setting.

After the factory reset, the phone is now able to see the sd card and be able to show pictures and videos inside the phone. It is also able to record 1080p video with no stuttering. I think I have solved the video issue and it may be caused by the Sandisk ultra card being too slow to write.

I just don't know why I need to reset my phone in order to fix this issue. I think there is

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
After the factory reset, the phone is now able to see the sd card and be able to show pictures and videos inside the phone. It is also able to record 1080p video with no stuttering. I think I have solved the video issue

Are you using Transcend Premium microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 300x 64GB ?

I have just got my Nokia 1520 and trying to find a good 64GB card. Since so many are complaining about Sandisk Ultra and SanDisk Extreme (Plus) 80MB/s costs almost the double, this Transcend 64GB seams to be a good option.

Can anybody else confirm this Transcend 64GB is working properly?

PT1520

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Are you using Transcend Premium microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 300x 64GB ?

I have just got my Nokia 1520 and trying to find a good 64GB card. Since so many are complaining about Sandisk Ultra and SanDisk Extreme (Plus) 80MB/s costs almost the double, this Transcend 64GB seams to be a good option.

Can anybody else confirm this Transcend 64GB is working properly?

Yes, this is the exact card I got from amazon.com. This is half of what the SanDisk extreme plus and so far for the past 3 days I have no lag when it comes to taking video (1080p 30fps). So I recommend this card based on price and performance. I also have a class 4 Kingston card that I used for testing and this trenscend is night and day when it comes to writing/saving the videos to the SD card. It is blazing fast.

The other choices are Samsung and Sony class 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss