Issue with Conference Calls

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have tried a couple of times but haven't been able to make conference calls. Just to clarify, I am not referring to office conference calls where you need to dial into a number.
Rather what I am referring to is, when I try to call two friends simultaneously I am unable to add both the calls and can only talk alternately to either when the other person is on hold. I tried clicking on the add call button but it doesn't work.

Does anyone else have the same issue and do you know how I can fix this? Or can't this be done for different network providers? for e.g- AT&T and Verizon in the US or Airtel and Vodafone in India.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
can you give more details like which country & which provider??
I think you are Indian, If yes which prepaid or postpaid on which network
I have tried a couple of times but haven't been able to make conference calls. Just to clarify, I am not referring to office conference calls where you need to dial into a number.
Rather what I am referring to is, when I try to call two friends simultaneously I am unable to add both the calls and can only talk alternately to either when the other person is on hold. I tried clicking on the add call button but it doesn't work.

Does anyone else have the same issue and do you know how I can fix this? Or can't this be done for different network providers? for e.g- AT&T and Verizon in the US or Airtel and Vodafone in India.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have no issues I call one person put them on hold dial the other person and tap the add button

Last edited:

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am using an Airtel postpaid connection. I am trying to do a conference call with my friends who are on both Airtel as well as Vodafone networks.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
yes that I guess correctly as you are on post-paid (specially Airtel) so for conference calls you have you have to active conference call on your Airtel post-paid from customer care.
I am using an Airtel postpaid connection. I am trying to do a conference call with my friends who are on both Airtel as well as Vodafone networks.

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
yes that I guess correctly as you are on post-paid (specially Airtel) so for conference calls you have you have to active conference call on your Airtel post-paid from customer care.

Thanks a lot man, was wondering why it wasn't working before.Didn't know that I needed to get it activated.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
you are welcome buddy as I also have Airtel post-paid in Panipat (Haryana), now ported to Idea due to 3G unavailable in Haryana from Airtel, so I have to activate conference call(around 2years back), infact first two months there was a charge of Rs.99/month so I refused, when it free I activated
Thanks a lot man, was wondering why it wasn't working before.Didn't know that I needed to get it activated.

Ammlan Ghosh

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am using BSNL Post paid connection and facing same problem i.e. cannot merge the calls. I have contacted to the BSNL customer care and I was told that issue is related to handset as the n/w support call conference facility.

Is there any other setting options?

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb