Sending my phone for repair?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke to Nokia and my Lumia 920 is going in for repairs for battery issues, has anyone done this before? Did they in fact fix the issue?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke to Nokia and my Lumia 920 is going in for repairs for battery issues, has anyone done this before? Did they in fact fix the issue?
I have. Make sure you have your device backed up because what will most likely happen is they will simply replace it. It is what happened with me. The down side of this when Nokia gets involved with repair is you may end up with a device still on another contract as what seems to be the case with me. AT&T allowed me to add the phone to my account but when I wanted to get them to unlock it, they said the IMEI belonged to someone not on my contract. So no unlock key for me.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have. Make sure you have your device backed up because what will most likely happen is they will simply replace it. It is what happened with me. The down side of this when Nokia gets involved with repair is you may end up with a device still on another contract as what seems to be the case with me. AT&T allowed me to add the phone to my account but when I wanted to get them to unlock it, they said the IMEI belonged to someone not on my contract. So no unlock key for me.

Oh... Is it worth it then? I'm on contract and would rather stay that way, I don't want them to replace it with a locked phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh... Is it worth it then? I'm on contract and would rather stay that way, I don't want them to replace it with a locked phone.

I would make sure they were aware of what you were sending them. That what they return is a phone that is unlocked. Yes I think it is worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99